Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Disk / Pad thickness question - also aftermarket pads?

Hi all,

Ive searched the threads but cant find an answer to this!

My 3.2 front brakes are looking a little worn. My question is what is the minimum thickness for both front and rear disks and pads? (I dont have a manual for the car).

Finally, if I do need disks ill get them from GSF as they are half the price of Audi. However I have read that I should go for Audi pads. What are peoples opinions of EBC pads - I notice they dont sell Green-Stuff for my car- is that because its too powerful?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Hi,

How many miles did you get out of the pads and discs originally?

I am going to get roughly 60k out of mine so have opted to pay double the price of the GSF stuff to get something I know I will be happy with......

The OEM stuff is quite cheap if they last 60k imo.......

Neutral

Status
    Hi

I bought the car a year and a half ago - and dont have any receipts for discs/pads - so I dont know unfortunately. I bought the car at 59k - and its got 71k now. The discs have a small lip on them - so thats why I need to nkow the minimum thickness - as they might not need changing for a good few miles yet.

I do agree it's certainly worth paying extra if they are better quality. I generally prefer getting all genuine parts if possible - although I did get my GF's mini some carbon steel front discs from GSF last year - and I was very impressed with those.

Thanks,
    Last edited by jsh712p; 15th March 2010 at 19:58.