A3 2005 50k miles, what what servce history should it have.

paul_r

Reaction score
Regarding full services/ inspections.
Oil changes
Coolant and brake fluid changes
Anything else

thanks
Paul.

The reason i ask is i have just bought the above car. Looking at the service booklet, its had.

Delivery inspection.
17k Long life service (Audi)
32k Long life service, plus additional work (Audi)
39k Oil change and inspection (non Audi)
47k Oil change and inspection (non Audi)

Basically thats 2 proper services by Audi, then two oil changes/ inspections. No mention of coolant or brake fluid changes.

Mine didnt mention the brake services etc but luckily for me, mine came with all the paperwork which listedit had been done. Mines a quattro so also needs the Haldex done every 40k too. What engines in yours??

It will need the cambelt and water pump doing imminently, it's every 5 years or 80k I think.

Brake fluid should have been changed a few times as well.

I have a 2005 A3 sport 2.0 Tdi with 67.5k on the clock. The service history ( all Audi dealer ) shows :-

18.5k - longlife service plus dust/pollen filter - after 12 months
38.5k - longlife service plus oil and filter change plus brake fluid change - after 24 months
57.5k - longlife service plus air filter element plus fuel filter replaced - after 42 months

Now at 67.5k and DIS says service due in 7,100 miles - 329 days at which point I shall expect a longlife service plus cambelt/waterpump change.

Hope this helps

No mention of coolant change in the service manual. Most systems are sealed for life and, apart from the user checking the levels and topping up with the correct mixture every so often, the only time it should need to be changed is after major engine surgery or radiator replacement etc. Cambelt/waterpump change would obviously be major surgery which is due at ( or a bit before ) 80k miles so I suppose you could say that the coolant will be changed every 80k !! Hope this helps.