Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

New Style Rear LED Lights/ sidelight bulb replacing

Hi guys

does anyone have a guide to fitting the new style rear lights or is this best left to a garage?
    would audi be the best place to shop for these?

i have just ordered new white PIAA sidelights, does anyone have a guide or any tips on fitting these also looks fiddly ?

fairly new to the site any help would be much appreciated
    cheers

GARY
    audi a3 s line 2.0tDI 170

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    The rear light units are a doddle to fit taking 5 mins.
    Inside the boot there is a round blanking cover behind the lights, remove this and you'll see a plastic nut (long). Remove this using a screwdriver in the slot and then pull the light unit towards you slowly from the boot side. Don't pull it too far as there are 2 metal lugs which push into the rear wings, these need gently pulling outwards until they pop out of their rubber bungs. When all are free release the wiring connectors, the new lights come complete with new bulbs and holders

The sidelights are easy enough, remove the back covers by releasing the metal clips (push sideways), pull the dipped beam bulbs out of the way by pulling the holders straight out for a bit more room (no clips), then using a small flat blade screwdriver it's just possible to prise the sideligh holders out
    2.0 TDi 140 S-Line With - S3 Vents l S3 Alloy Pedals l S3 Gearknob I Aero Rear Wiper l X-Treme Bulbs l 09 Rear Lights l Custom Floormats l 18" TTS reps l LCR Splitter I Facelift Stereo

Neutral

Status
    cheers Robby thanks for the help m8 my mates a mechanic so i will invite him down to supervise , can i be cheeky and ask where you got your 09 rear lights?
    also i noticed you have alloy pedals is ebay my best bet for these ? thanks again Gary

3rd Gear

Status
    do the s3 front and rear lights fit a3? 2006

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzaw888 View Post
    cheers Robby thanks for the help m8 my mates a mechanic so i will invite him down to supervise , can i be cheeky and ask where you got your 09 rear lights?
    also i noticed you have alloy pedals is ebay my best bet for these ? thanks again Gary
    I've bought 1 light off ebay for 21 just need to order the other this week (80+ from dealer) - i got the S3 pedals off ebay for 61, i think they're 120ish from dealers
    2.0 TDi 140 S-Line With - S3 Vents l S3 Alloy Pedals l S3 Gearknob I Aero Rear Wiper l X-Treme Bulbs l 09 Rear Lights l Custom Floormats l 18" TTS reps l LCR Splitter I Facelift Stereo

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggins92 View Post
    do the s3 front and rear lights fit a3? 2006
    Not sure about fronts but the rears are the same on all A3 + S3s - newer versions are from 2008