Volks AutosChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

CONDOR GREY - PICS PLEASE !!!

Hi , can anyone please post some pics of there sportback in 'condor grey' , many thanks .

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Never ever heard of the colour!

1st Gear

Status
    It's in the current brochure - kind of mid grey metallic !

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

That explains it, not seen many facelift grey A3s tbh..

1st Gear

Status
    Anyone at all have CONDOR GREY on a sportback - what are you thoughts , are you happy with it and do you have pics to post please ! I have been around a couple of dealers and as yet have been unable to see one in the flesh , thanks .

3rd Gear

Status
    I remember seeing it on a plate at the dealers, it was a lighter grey to Meteor. Looked ok IMO but I preferred the dark.

Meteor S3, APR Stage 3, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, LOBA/Sach's Clutch, Bilstein PSS10's, H&R ARB, Gen4 Haldex PP, EVOM's DV & CAI, Forge TB with Pro-Alloy IC, BBS CK 19" My S3

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    Condor has a kind of Grey Green thing going on when you actually see it, imo it's a no, suits A6 A8 SE's with wood, maybe Q7 but not on A3 thanks....

Lava?
    A4 B6 Avant 130 Sport Dolphin Grey. FCA - Storage Pack - Advanced Lighting - Retro Fit Cobra Park assist - Gen OEM RS6's - Parrot Kit with screen in ashtray. Coming soon, stealth audio upgrade, LCR splitter.

Previously 60 plate Octavia VRS, Dull Mk6 Golf, A3 8P Sport with mods, New shape Jetta,2 x Passat B6 Sports with AMG 19's, A4 DTM, A4 S-Line, Bora 130 Sport Decked, Toledo TT comp Wheels, some other stuff, Alfa's etc. 1st car 1986 Polo Coupe S.

Never satisfied

Status
    its a grey .. Oh wait no the sun is shining and now its a really weird green.. Nearly bought it in TT a few years back , make sure you see in it in the light / shade /dark etc... Do not spec it from the web site / brochure with out seeing it in the flesh.

Personally i do not like it it , unless its on a bigger car as ^^^^^

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

"Condor" does sound abit famine spec really..

1st Gear

Status
    Hi , i think that i MAY have seen it this afternoon . I see what you mean about the green bit . I was a little unsure what the colour was - it looked a little greenish / grey from the front and it was not till i walked around side on that it became a nice grey , i'm a little unsure . Is lava grey darker and what are your opinions on this colour . I didn't want to go for black because as much as i like it i'm not the keenest car washer in the world and it would take a hell of a lot of looking after . Silver too light in my opinion so was looking at something in between . Can anyone post pics of lava grey , cheers .
    Last edited by shilts; 14th March 2010 at 18:06.

1st Gear

Status
    I've got a Sportback in Condor Grey - I have some pictures on my mobile phone taken just a few days after I got it back in January, but I won't be able to upload them until this evening.
    Depending on the ambient light conditions, it can look blue-ish grey as well as greenish grey. It's certainly not an unattractive colour, and most people who see my car for the first time seem to like the colour. Lava Grey is almost black, so is a completely different colour.

1st Gear

Status
    Here are the pictures. They're not brilliant, camera on phone is only 1.3MP. The pictures have been eidtted to improve sharpness and remove any incorrect colour cast:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2900278...7623624124046/

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!

Status
    I was really stumped with colour choice having had Black and Ibis already. I used to love the Dolphin Grey, but you couldn't spec it unless you went down the Exclusive route. Meteorfor me was too dark (although DeckedS3's car is stunning), so thought Condor might be the right compromise.

Personally, in the flesh it has, as stated, a weird green tinge to it. It's actually more green the grey and should be called Condor Green IMHO. Sorry if you've got this colour, but it's just too "grandad" for me. You have to see it in real life though as in pictures it does retain the Grey more than the Green.

Ended up with Sprint Blue, lol! Absolutely the best colour for an S3, but hey, that's just my tuppence worth.
    Last edited by RicoS3; 15th March 2010 at 17:34.
    2010 Sprint Blue S3 Black Edition - Buckets & BBS CH Black's
    2008 Ibis White S3
    2006 Brilliant Black 2.0T S-Line Special Edition

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by maninthestreet View Post
    Here are the pictures. They're not brilliant, camera on phone is only 1.3MP. The pictures have been eidtted to improve sharpness and remove any incorrect colour cast:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2900278...7623624124046/
    The colour looks ok, very light.

6th Gear

Status
    I saw an S3 SB this morning in the sun. It looked quite nice, but when the sun goes in/rainy day it's a weird greeny colour. Chatting to my local dealer recently regarding colour choices, Condor wasn't one they were fond of and it would hurt your trade in price.

That said, if you like it, go for it!

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    Meteor Grey is by far the fastest of all the greys, everybody knows that
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    Meteor Grey is by far the fastest of all the greys, everybody knows that
    Lol, now why would you say that hee hee

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by shilts View Post
    Hi , can anyone please post some pics of there sportback in 'condor grey' , many thanks .
    I like the colour to be honest. I'm a huge fan of greys and would always have one but as there are soooo many around, why not be different, and its a good colour!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Status
    My car used to be blue, but after being beaten off the lights by a 1.4 Meteor Grey A3 I knew it was all about the colour, so I had it re-sprayed and it's added at least another 300bhp (at the wheel) and my car flies now, handles a bit better too. Trust me, forget all these remaps and exhausts and nonsense like that, it's all in the colour...

www.essexdriversclub.com

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    My car used to be blue, but after being beaten off the lights by a 1.4 Meteor Grey A3 I knew it was all about the colour, so I had it re-sprayed and it's added at least another 300bhp (at the wheel) and my car flies now, handles a bit better too. Trust me, forget all these remaps and exhausts and nonsense like that, it's all in the colour...
    Lol, what are you like! And you say us women are daft!!! If thats the case I'd better get grey.........

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

LOL @ Nick, Meteor does look really nice.

S3 (8P)

Status
    Know exactly what you mean, mine was Grey originally and would see off 997 Turbos without breaking sweat.
    BUT after having it painted Sprint Blue, it was like I had the handbrake on for the last 2 years!!

Had it dyno`d on 3 sets of rollers and its pushing around 703bhp. Thats on Shell V Power BTW.
    Its all about the colour mate.

Cheers
    Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

Reverse Gear

Status
    I LOVE my Condor Grey. I had a BMW MINI Cooper S back in 2004 and I wanted the nearest thing to what BMW called Dark Silver in the MINI. I'm sure it's self cleaning too!! Great for keeping clean.

Have a look from Post 24 on my thread below where I put some pics!! Hope it helps?

Welcome Back
    8P(3) A3 Sportback 1.6TDI - S-Line
    Condor Grey / Privacy Glass / Aluminium Roof Rails / Elec Folding Mirrors / Bluetooth Prep / Xenon Plus w/LED DRLs / Cruise Control
    *** arriving 23rd December 09 ***

Status
    Never said you were daft....

Only Grey is the only way

www.essexdriversclub.com

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_H View Post
    I LOVE my Condor Grey. I had a BMW MINI Cooper S back in 2004 and I wanted the nearest thing to what BMW called Dark Silver in the MINI. I'm sure it's self cleaning too!! Great for keeping clean.

Have a look from Post 24 on my thread below where I put some pics!! Hope it helps?

Welcome Back
    Why hasn't you car got the indicators integrated into the side mirrors??

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by maninthestreet View Post
    Why hasn't you car got the indicators integrated into the side mirrors??
    It has. They're just pretty hard to see as it was a fairly dull day when I took the pics. That's an S-Line badge on the front wing that I'm presuming you thought was the indicator?
    8P(3) A3 Sportback 1.6TDI - S-Line
    Condor Grey / Privacy Glass / Aluminium Roof Rails / Elec Folding Mirrors / Bluetooth Prep / Xenon Plus w/LED DRLs / Cruise Control
    *** arriving 23rd December 09 ***