CONDOR GREY - PICS PLEASE !!!

shilts

Reaction score
Hi , can anyone please post some pics of there sportback in 'condor grey' , many thanks .

It's in the current brochure - kind of mid grey metallic !

Anyone at all have CONDOR GREY on a sportback - what are you thoughts , are you happy with it and do you have pics to post please ! I have been around a couple of dealers and as yet have been unable to see one in the flesh , thanks .

I remember seeing it on a plate at the dealers, it was a lighter grey to Meteor. Looked ok IMO but I preferred the dark.

Condor has a kind of Grey Green thing going on when you actually see it, imo it's a no, suits A6 A8 SE's with wood, maybe Q7 but not on A3 thanks....

Lava?

its a grey .. Oh wait no the sun is shining and now its a really weird green.. Nearly bought it in TT a few years back , make sure you see in it in the light / shade /dark etc... Do not spec it from the web site / brochure with out seeing it in the flesh.

Personally i do not like it it , unless its on a bigger car as ^^^^^

Hi , i think that i MAY have seen it this afternoon . I see what you mean about the green bit . I was a little unsure what the colour was - it looked a little greenish / grey from the front and it was not till i walked around side on that it became a nice grey , i'm a little unsure . Is lava grey darker and what are your opinions on this colour . I didn't want to go for black because as much as i like it i'm not the keenest car washer in the world and it would take a hell of a lot of looking after . Silver too light in my opinion so was looking at something in between . Can anyone post pics of lava grey , cheers .:think:

Last edited:
I've got a Sportback in Condor Grey - I have some pictures on my mobile phone taken just a few days after I got it back in January, but I won't be able to upload them until this evening.
Depending on the ambient light conditions, it can look blue-ish grey as well as greenish grey. It's certainly not an unattractive colour, and most people who see my car for the first time seem to like the colour. Lava Grey is almost black, so is a completely different colour.

I was really stumped with colour choice having had Black and Ibis already. I used to love the Dolphin Grey, but you couldn't spec it unless you went down the Exclusive route. Meteorfor me was too dark (although DeckedS3's car is stunning), so thought Condor might be the right compromise.

Personally, in the flesh it has, as stated, a weird green tinge to it. It's actually more green the grey and should be called Condor Green IMHO. Sorry if you've got this colour, but it's just too "grandad" for me. You have to see it in real life though as in pictures it does retain the Grey more than the Green.

Ended up with Sprint Blue, lol! Absolutely the best colour for an S3, but hey, that's just my tuppence worth.

Last edited:
I saw an S3 SB this morning in the sun. It looked quite nice, but when the sun goes in/rainy day it's a weird greeny colour. Chatting to my local dealer recently regarding colour choices, Condor wasn't one they were fond of and it would hurt your trade in price.

That said, if you like it, go for it!

Hi , can anyone please post some pics of there sportback in 'condor grey' , many thanks .
I like the colour to be honest. I'm a huge fan of greys and would always have one but as there are soooo many around, why not be different, and its a good colour!

My car used to be blue, but after being beaten off the lights by a 1.4 Meteor Grey A3 I knew it was all about the colour, so I had it re-sprayed and it's added at least another 300bhp (at the wheel) and my car flies now, handles a bit better too. Trust me, forget all these remaps and exhausts and nonsense like that, it's all in the colour...

My car used to be blue, but after being beaten off the lights by a 1.4 Meteor Grey A3 I knew it was all about the colour, so I had it re-sprayed and it's added at least another 300bhp (at the wheel) and my car flies now, handles a bit better too. Trust me, forget all these remaps and exhausts and nonsense like that, it's all in the colour...

Lol, what are you like! And you say us women are daft!!! If thats the case I'd better get grey.........:respekt:

Know exactly what you mean, mine was Grey originally and would see off 997 Turbos without breaking sweat.
BUT after having it painted Sprint Blue, it was like I had the handbrake on for the last 2 years!!

Had it dyno`d on 3 sets of rollers and its pushing around 703bhp. Thats on Shell V Power BTW.:icon_thumright:
Its all about the colour mate.:s3addict:

Cheers
Paul