OPTIONS - GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK !!!

shilts

Reaction score
Hi , do you think that if you 'add on' options when buying a new A3 this vehicle would command a higher price when trading in / selling rather than a standard car , or does it just make it more desirable without really increasing it's value ? Thanks .

As Quentin Wilson always says, it makes it more desirable. Some may be willing to pay more but not a guarantee you will get more.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you can afford the option(s) and want them for yourself, get them. I wouldn't spec a car simply with the resale in mind - you don't tend to get the full value of the options back at resale, so you will still have depreciation on your initial outlay.

As above, the right options may well help sell your car quicker and for a bit more though.

What options did you have in mind?

Hi , do you think that if you 'add on' options when buying a new A3 this vehicle would command a higher price when trading in / selling rather than a standard car , or does it just make it more desirable without really increasing it's value ? Thanks .

In my experience your may get something extra for some options and nothing for others. S-tronic in particular seems to command an improved trade-in price but personally I always spec a car to give me what I want rather than the future trade-in price. A well spec'd car will often command a slightly better trade-in price because the dealer knows it will be easier to sell.

Thanks guy's , i was looking at comfort pack , interior light pack , privacy glass , folding door mirrors and maybe either heated seats or black roof lining . However , the roof lining seems rather expensive , but i really like the look of it .

As others have said, spec the car how you desire otherwise you will probably regret it when you take delivery. The extras you have mentioned will make the car slightly more desireable but are unlikely to add much to your car come PX time.
General rule of thumb is DSG, Nav and leather are the most desireable options come resale but expect no more than £500 above book for standard for each item listed so £1,500 versus an initial outlay of @ £4,000.

Shocking but in my personal experience TRUE.

Good luck and make sure you negotiate a discount to soften the blow :)

Yup, as Spin140 said, certain options are a must! Definately leather and satnav. I'd also say xenons if they dont come as standard. I have black roof lining and wouldn't have anything different. A cheaper option to privacy are tints that are great these days. Happy choosing!!!!