s-line conversion done. And a dash of votex !

scottie123

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#
Reaction score
Well, I have been wanting to do this for ages, and just havent had the time and money.

Well I have finally pulled my finger out and got it done!!

Please excuse the few grubby bits on the car, just haven't had time to clean it properly as it was only finished this afternoon!

Ohh, and the side skirts arejust for you n8 :hubbahubba:

Its not complete yet, new wheels , spoiler and a few other bits left to do, but it is getting there now !

100_0295.jpg

100_0303.jpg

100_0302.jpg

100_0298.jpg

100_0307.jpg

100_0305.jpg

100_0304.jpg

100_0311.jpg

100_0308.jpg

100_0313.jpg

100_0314.jpg

100_0317.jpg

100_0316.jpg

Now that is looking really REALLY WELL!!!!

The Cupra splitter sits just nicely, perfecto. :hubbahubba:

You need to update your signature now....

Wow, wow, wow great job! I've been waiting to see these pics and they dont disappoint! Good job mate. Gives me an idea what mine will look like when I finally get the front bumper. I'm also fitting the splitter. To be honest I like the side skirts too.
Bet you are really happy, :hubbahubba:

Lovely car!!!!!!! Awesome transformation (you got to get yourself a gearknob, and fast!)

I got almost all the parts - well the front bumper is still on hiatus - but anyway, looking forward to doing mine now!

Looks :cool: - is that a FK front grille as it looks matt not shiney like the optics, matches the splitter well

Lovely car!!!!!!! Awesome transformation (you got to get yourself a gearknob, and fast!)

I got almost all the parts - well the front bumper is still on hiatus - but anyway, looking forward to doing mine now!

Yes, I agree a new gear knob is needed. It is on the list :)

Were the side skirts off Ebay?? Think I will go the same route. ta

Certainly were. Very handy as the guy selling them was only 20 mins down the road from me also.

That is very novel when you live in norfolk !

Thanks for the comments guys. They are making me feel all warm and fuzzy!:friends:

looks awesome mate
S-Line front end looks soo much better than the stock
been tempted myself 2 change mine

Looks great!! Makes me look back and wish I s-line'd my TDI Sport!!!

Get yourself a roof spoiler, S3 pedals and some lowerage and it will be perfect! :)

really love that steering wheeeeeel. where can you buy that? is it expensive?

Looks great!! Makes me look back and wish I s-line'd my TDI Sport!!!

Get yourself a roof spoiler, S3 pedals and some lowerage and it will be perfect! :)

You have read my mind! Spoiler and new hoops next, then possibly lowering a bit more. I'm currently on eibach pro springs and dampers, but may drop a little bit more :)

welcome in converters club:)

You fitted your badge yet Luke?

Good luck is all I can say! You will need it

Thanks for all the great comments people!

Congrats mate, looks great! Mines booked in for 5th April for the S-Line conversion/paint work... I've got the FK-grille to apply to the s-line bumper - I'm wondering why you reference fitting of the s-line badge? cant be that difficult surely!?

Oh, and did the re-inforcement bar need modding in order to fit the bumper or did you replace it instead?

s3 pedals mirror housings tad lower facelift tails and a nice set of rims and youre set mate

Looks very good, great turn around, side skirts aren't too bad, certainly not as bad as the S3 ones are gonna cost me £730 from TPS :undwech:

Keep up the good work!

scottie to be honest i prefer without badge on my car. it just look different and i like different:) im polishing car today (its not professional job:( ) but will put some pics later.

Congrats mate, looks great! Mines booked in for 5th April for the S-Line conversion/paint work... I've got the FK-grille to apply to the s-line bumper - I'm wondering why you reference fitting of the s-line badge? cant be that difficult surely!?

I couldn't find a s line badge to fit the grill. I spoke to FK and also audi, and it seems there is not a badge that will fit. However, araldite and a file soon made one fit :)

I have a spare badge if you are interested!

Oh, and did the re-inforcement bar need modding in order to fit the bumper or did you replace it instead?

My car wasn't a split grill model, so I didnt need to mod the crash bar. However, if your's is the split grill, I believe you will have to mod it . Dont worry though, it will be fairly straight forward to do. Just trim until the bumper fits!

s3 pedals mirror housings tad lower facelift tails and a nice set of rims and youre set mate

S3 pedals defo. Facelift rear lights defo. Rims defo . However, I am thinking I may go totally de-chromed, so may go black wing mirrors instead. Still undecided though!

Looks very good, great turn around, side skirts aren't too bad, certainly not as bad as the S3 ones are gonna cost me £730 from TPS :undwech:

Keep up the good work!

Bloomin 'ell N8, That is rather pricey! I went votex just to be a little different really. I do like the s3 skirts, but at that price :faint:

scottie to be honest i prefer without badge on my car. it just look different and i like different:) im polishing car today (its not professional job:( ) but will put some pics later.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures Luke. I know what you mean about the badge. When i first fitted the front end, I didn't have the number plate on, and it looked so good without. But I dont think mr plod would agree!

really love that steering wheeeeeel. where can you buy that? is it expensive?

A bit pricey, but well worth the money!

I believe NHN on here may have one up for sale. Drop him a PM and see!

I must admit N8, it will finish your car of rather nicely!

New hoops? Man, I think you may have an addiction :p

n8 regarding addiction - we are right you are addicted - but who cares its good:) a bit expensive. you may end up doing tatoo on your back - four rings:)

Looks great but the wheels let it down IMO (don't suit the car). Remind me of the smaller SE style wheels.

look s wicked mate, cars lookin wicked. i also love them wheels!

Looking good scottie :icon_thumright: ...i did my sport to s-line conversion in Jan, but i've put off bonding my Votex skirts due to the cold!
With it getting warmer now it's on the cards to be done in the next few weeks!
How did you get on with the fitting... did you attach something to the bottom of the doors while the bond went off -in order to keep
the skirts from rubbing?

How did you get on with the fitting... did you attach something to the bottom of the doors while the bond went off -in order to keep
the skirts from rubbing?

I cheated. My friends at the body shop fitted them for me. But I did see how they did it.

Basically clamped everything up and used small spacers to insert between the door and sill to keep the gap correct until set.

They did say they were a bit of bitch to get right, but the lads were perfectionist, and were chasing 1mm discrepancies !!

Hats off to them though, They did a top job!

Hi Scottie, car looks the business, i agree the wheels look superb.

Can you confirm if that is a stock Cupra R splitter, and let know what it was like to fit? Really like it and would love one on my stock S-line... don't know whether it would go with the Brilliant red throu:think:

Can you confirm if that is a stock Cupra R splitter, and let know what it was like to fit? Really like it and would love one on my stock S-line... don't know whether it would go with the Brilliant red throu:think:

Maybe not the best pics, but deffo goes with Red mate...

DSC_0687.jpg

16_featured_image_1214962250.jpg

As said ^^ it will fit fine and is easy peasy to fit. Half hour job tops.

And I agree, It will/does look awesome on Red.

Do it!

Scottie, was yours painted or anything or was it just stuck straight on?

Straight out of the pack and on.

It is matt black, so I had a matt black detail put on the front to blend it in a bit.

Thanks Martin you've made up my mind, it really looks good with the red..

Cheers for your help Scott, another thing added to my to do list....:w00t: