Ebay Seller out to make a fast Buck!!!! beware!!!

Sarah's A3

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid
Reaction score
Bought an S3 bumper off ebay last week using the Buy it Now only to find the seller had previously sold it to a guy who ignored all communication etc so the seller re-listed. I did the Buy it Now etc and all seemed ok. Sadly for me the seller finally received a message from the first buyer (after a long time!) and after I had bought it. Needless to say I was gutted as he went with the first buyer (vag-dismantler-09 ).

Anyway the buyer (vag-dismantler-09 ) has promptly listed it on Ebay at DOUBLE what he paid for it!!!!!

I now feel double gutted as it would have been on my car by now but instead hes out to make a fast buck

Oh well, the seller was right to go with the first buyer. Its the sellers fault he relisted it without closing out the first buyer first.

Vag dismantler is free to do with it what he wants after he bought it, its just all a bit annoying!!!!

Vag dismantler does worry me a bit though, he has sold at least 5 sets of S3 vents, at least 4 sets of alloy door trims and always has lots of S3 bits. Where is he getting all this stuff from? all the pics are taken in a back garden, not a dismantlers...................and he is based in manchester, home of S3 related crime.

Seems a little harsh jumping to conclusions just because the guy has/is making a profit on a bargain he got?

Look at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200443035909 - Full A3 Sportback interior gone for £10.50 and he has 296 feedback??

Also I'd blame the seller for re-listing if he ended up selling it after the agreed contact period (which I believe is 7 days)

Last edited:
Ebay can be a harsh world. I've been messed about on there too. There'll be other bumpers hopefully a better price or seller, who knows maybe I'll find it 1st!!!! :salute:

unlucky, im sure youll get one at a reasonable price, though you do know a bonnet change would also be required for the conversion?

Ebay can be a harsh world. I've been messed about on there too. There'll be other bumpers hopefully a better price or seller, who knows maybe I'll find it 1st!!!! :salute:

Oi! lol, is that race still on??? lol, I've got my rear and bonnet so Front left to get...:unsure:

audi werent pricing them that badly at £120 ill let you know if i see anything, im always scouring for deals though not so much lately saving together for a new project

As much as it must be irritating for Sarah, it' business and many people do run businesses through Ebay to "make a quick buck", nothing wrong there or even anything to beware of?!

As for people suggesting that this guy is selling knocked off goods, for a start he clearly buys some of his bits of ebay anyway, hence the OP, so if he was in the game of selling knocked off goods, why would he bother buying more stuff from Ebay to sell on. Its not really fair to accuse sellers of this kind of behaviour if we have no evidence at all, and in fact the only evidence we have points to perfectly legitimate business.

Having said that, it's up to each and everybody to be aware of and happy in their own mind (if they care) of the source of the goods they might be buying.

Last edited:
Id say he qwas a good seller sticking to sell it to the original buyer if anything , i know it may of been a sh&tter for sarah but this thread is more a release of fustration than anything ...

Seller done things correctly in my book ...:icon_thumright: