Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status

Angry Ebay Seller out to make a fast Buck!!!! beware!!!

Bought an S3 bumper off ebay last week using the Buy it Now only to find the seller had previously sold it to a guy who ignored all communication etc so the seller re-listed. I did the Buy it Now etc and all seemed ok. Sadly for me the seller finally received a message from the first buyer (after a long time!) and after I had bought it. Needless to say I was gutted as he went with the first buyer (vag-dismantler-09 ).

Anyway the buyer (vag-dismantler-09 ) has promptly listed it on Ebay at DOUBLE what he paid for it!!!!!

I now feel double gutted as it would have been on my car by now but instead hes out to make a fast buck

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Oh well, the seller was right to go with the first buyer. Its the sellers fault he relisted it without closing out the first buyer first.

Vag dismantler is free to do with it what he wants after he bought it, its just all a bit annoying!!!!

Vag dismantler does worry me a bit though, he has sold at least 5 sets of S3 vents, at least 4 sets of alloy door trims and always has lots of S3 bits. Where is he getting all this stuff from? all the pics are taken in a back garden, not a dismantlers...................and he is based in manchester, home of S3 related crime.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Neutral

Status
    Seems a little harsh jumping to conclusions just because the guy has/is making a profit on a bargain he got?

Look at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200443035909 - Full A3 Sportback interior gone for 10.50 and he has 296 feedback??

Also I'd blame the seller for re-listing if he ended up selling it after the agreed contact period (which I believe is 7 days)
    Last edited by A3TDI2.0; 12th March 2010 at 17:49.

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Business is business unfortunately.

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    Ebay can be a harsh world. I've been messed about on there too. There'll be other bumpers hopefully a better price or seller, who knows maybe I'll find it 1st!!!!
    A4 B6 Avant 130 Sport Dolphin Grey. FCA - Storage Pack - Advanced Lighting - Retro Fit Cobra Park assist - Gen OEM RS6's - Parrot Kit with screen in ashtray. Coming soon, stealth audio upgrade, LCR splitter.

Previously 60 plate Octavia VRS, Dull Mk6 Golf, A3 8P Sport with mods, New shape Jetta,2 x Passat B6 Sports with AMG 19's, A4 DTM, A4 S-Line, Bora 130 Sport Decked, Toledo TT comp Wheels, some other stuff, Alfa's etc. 1st car 1986 Polo Coupe S.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    unlucky, im sure youll get one at a reasonable price, though you do know a bonnet change would also be required for the conversion?

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 4NT View Post
    Ebay can be a harsh world. I've been messed about on there too. There'll be other bumpers hopefully a better price or seller, who knows maybe I'll find it 1st!!!!

Oi! lol, is that race still on??? lol, I've got my rear and bonnet so Front left to get...

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    unlucky, im sure youll get one at a reasonable price, though you do know a bonnet change would also be required for the conversion?
    yeh thanks, got one at a good price so getting there slowly

Gievf Buckets

Status
    audi werent pricing them that badly at 120 ill let you know if i see anything, im always scouring for deals though not so much lately saving together for a new project

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    audi werent pricing them that badly at 120 ill let you know if i see anything, im always scouring for deals though not so much lately saving together for a new project
    Thank you, i'd appreciate that x

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    As much as it must be irritating for Sarah, it' business and many people do run businesses through Ebay to "make a quick buck", nothing wrong there or even anything to beware of?!

As for people suggesting that this guy is selling knocked off goods, for a start he clearly buys some of his bits of ebay anyway, hence the OP, so if he was in the game of selling knocked off goods, why would he bother buying more stuff from Ebay to sell on. Its not really fair to accuse sellers of this kind of behaviour if we have no evidence at all, and in fact the only evidence we have points to perfectly legitimate business.

Having said that, it's up to each and everybody to be aware of and happy in their own mind (if they care) of the source of the goods they might be buying.
    Last edited by beanoir; 13th March 2010 at 12:41.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    Id say he qwas a good seller sticking to sell it to the original buyer if anything , i know it may of been a sh&tter for sarah but this thread is more a release of fustration than anything ...

Seller done things correctly in my book ...