Badger5Volks Autos
    Interior Next!!

Status

Service Due - Revo, Evoms situation + one other question about wheels

Hello peeps just a quickie,

car is due a service in 1100 miles (will be around 18k) whats the situation with the Revo? i dont have a select switch, do i need one? and how about evoms?

also i have decided i am 100% goin with 18's, how wide can i go? it is possible to go 8.5J (am planning to drop on H&R's for a bit then coilies)

cheers
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Hi Mate,

I just ordered 18x8.0 5x112 ET45 and am also lowering the car with H&R springs.

A lot of members have done the same and no reported issues. Will let you know how mine goes on Saturday.

Thanks
    Audi S3 Facelift | IBIS White | Revo Stg 2 | EVOMS | Milltek TBE | H&R | TD Pro Race 1.2

1st Gear

Status
    I've done two services now with Audi, both with the Revo map on - no issues. First service was just an oil change so I left the Evoms on, second included an air filter change so I put the standard airbox back on. I didn't really want to but I just didn't want any evidence on the service record that the air filter wasn't changed due to a performance air filter having been fitted. I just thought it might be a bit of an issue when I come to sell.

I've been running 18" BBS CH's with H&R anti-roll bars and lowering springs with no issues at all. I think the offset is 50 and tyres have been 235/40 by 18. There was a tiny bit of rubbing on the back when they first went on but it soon went away and hasn't come back. Currently got the standard wheels on with 15mm spacers on the rear and 10mm on the front. Again, no rubbing issues at all.
    2007 S3 8P, Phantom black, REVO stage 2+, Milltek TBE, EVOMS, Autotech fuel pump, Forge "twintercooler", Forge DV, Forge shortshifter, Black optics, Privacy glass, Buckets, RNSe + SDS, Bose, iPod, FBMFSW, F&R armrests, Cruise, Interior light pack, Auto lights and wipers, Flat tyre warning indicator, Lamin-x, BBS CH's, H&R ARB's, H&R coilsprings

6th Gear

Status
    I'd probably do the same as you Boggsy, for the time and effort involved to remove the filter it has to be worth it. I have 10mm front & 12 mm rear spacers but I do get very occasional rubbing to the rear if the road surface is particularly bad, I'm on standard alloys and springs.
    Long term I'll be going for a set of BBS CH in 18" as the offset is friendlier at ET50, tyre size is a big factor for me too as I do occasional track days the 19" are not cost effective.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah, 18" look pretty good. Obviously not as hardcore as 19" but pretty good anyway. I think the SB must have slightly less clearance to the rear than the 3 dr. I seem to remember someone else had a slight rubbing issue with their SB when fitting spacers a while back. Must be the rear end design.
    2007 S3 8P, Phantom black, REVO stage 2+, Milltek TBE, EVOMS, Autotech fuel pump, Forge "twintercooler", Forge DV, Forge shortshifter, Black optics, Privacy glass, Buckets, RNSe + SDS, Bose, iPod, FBMFSW, F&R armrests, Cruise, Interior light pack, Auto lights and wipers, Flat tyre warning indicator, Lamin-x, BBS CH's, H&R ARB's, H&R coilsprings

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boggym View Post
    I've done two services now with Audi, both with the Revo map on - no issues. First service was just an oil change so I left the Evoms on, second included an air filter change so I put the standard airbox back on. I didn't really want to but I just didn't want any evidence on the service record that the air filter wasn't changed due to a performance air filter having been fitted. I just thought it might be a bit of an issue when I come to sell.

I've been running 18" BBS CH's with H&R anti-roll bars and lowering springs with no issues at all. I think the offset is 50 and tyres have been 235/40 by 18. There was a tiny bit of rubbing on the back when they first went on but it soon went away and hasn't come back. Currently got the standard wheels on with 15mm spacers on the rear and 10mm on the front. Again, no rubbing issues at all.
    ok this is really helpful. I'm torn between the o.z allegerita's and the BBS ch. I've just put 4 new Michelin ps2's on it and was plannin to use these
    tyres with the new wheels. I'm plannin to also do h&r springs and ARB's with a view to go coilovers but I want to get the wheels wider. I quite like the stretch look. Will 8j give me that? Or can I go 8.5j if either of the wheel companies even do it? And they also have to work with lowering. The tyres are 225/40/18

Look like I'm gonna have to take off the evoms, only just fitted it! That bloody clamp by the turbo inlet again
    S

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings

Rarely neutral

Status
    I was very surprised when I took mine in for a service recently,and despite all of the usual warning beforehand about mods invalidating the warranty etc,they serviced the car,and with no questions about the CAI or kW suspension.

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    ok this is really helpful. I'm torn between the o.z allegerita's and the BBS ch. I've just put 4 new Michelin ps2's on it and was plannin to use these
    tyres with the new wheels. I'm plannin to also do h&r springs and ARB's with a view to go coilovers but I want to get the wheels wider. I quite like the stretch look. Will 8j give me that? Or can I go 8.5j if either of the wheel companies even do it? And they also have to work with lowering. The tyres are 225/40/18
    8J will not give you a strech with 225's.

Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    I was very surprised when I took mine in for a service recently,and despite all of the usual warning beforehand about mods invalidating the warranty etc,they serviced the car,and with no questions about the CAI or kW suspension.
    As modifications cannot invalidate the warranty (other than on specific components that could be affected by the mods), there is no reason why there should be questions. I've had various lightly modified cars serviced by main dealers over the years and never had a problem.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V6Pete View Post
    As modifications cannot invalidate the warranty (other than on specific components that could be affected by the mods), there is no reason why there should be questions. I've had various lightly modified cars serviced by main dealers over the years and never had a problem.
    lve been told this by audi as well, salesman and head mech.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Audi have never said nothing but "nice" car when its gone in before!

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Audi have never said nothing but "nice" car when its gone in before!

come on you wheel whore help me out with my wheel questions! or is it cause theyre 18's talk you not interested haha!

thats sums that up then, induction is stayin on!
    S