KMD vs Autotech HPFP

Rabbit222

Reaction score
Website
www.vwclub.co.za
Hi guys,

Not sure if this has been discussed here before so I thought I'd ask the question...

How do these pumps compare in terms of longevity? I have had a first revision KMD which failed in my ex S3 and that made me a bit skeptical about the product. We have been getting quite a bit of queries for HPFPs and the KMD is definitely the cheaper option....

All opinions welcomed and no I'm not interested in APR.

Shaun

Im running the Autotech pump and have no complaints, after doing some logs with VCDS on the fuel rail pressure i have seen that the Autotech pump is perfroming perfectly. The specified pressure has been as high as 133bar and the pump is able to meet this demand. The speicified pressure and actual pressure follow eachother nicely now.

I purchased my autotech internals for around £240.00 from a groupbuy on the forum for mk5golfgti.co.uk. I stripped and rebuilt my pump with the new internals, its really simple if you follow instructions and take your time.

Heres the thread - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showth...-(Image-Heavy)&p=893228&highlight=#post893228

Cheers Davie

Will be interesting to know how the newer revision holds up then.
*topic subscribed

Will be interesting to know how the newer revision holds up then.
*topic subscribed

Does someone know if the facelift s3 OEM fuel pump would provide enough pressure for a stage 2+?

As i understand it, nopes bud.
Revo2+ still requires it

Yup, a KMD, APR or autotech pump/kit is required