Fancy a laugh about servicing!!!

TAC

Reaction score
Been phoning round getting some prices for servicing my A3 3.2 most have been coming in at about £250 for the service however Yeovil Audi quoted £350 so i questioned as to why the basic service was so much and the service guy said and I quote, "well its a big engine a 3.2 so takes more oil thats why it's more expensive" at which point I laughed and hung up I mean really more oil as a justification for the basic service being £350 they must believe the public to be mugs!!!!!

Just thought I'd share it with you....

Sorry but that just sums most dealers up. I've had experience with some and they really dont know anything and even argue with you that you are wrong!!! Lol, i'd stay clear of Yeovil.... made me laugh though.

Top one, that's a ****** expensive litre of oil! You should have said you don't understand the language ****** and asked to speak to his manager!

You expect exceptional service when you take your car to an Audi Centre but the bill may seem somewhat unexceptional. Our competitive fixed prices mean that, when it’s time to pay, the only surprise you’ll receive is a pleasant one.
Our fixed-price jobs* are:

• Cam belt £349
  • Major service £249
  • Interim service £99
  • Brake pads £99
  • Brake fluid change £49
* Privately owned Audi vehicles over 36 months old from date of registration. Up to and including 2.0 litre engines for A2, A3, A4, A6 and TT. Prices subject to change without notice. Prices include VAT at 17.5% and parts and labour. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Excludes Channel Islands.

Spot the sneaky * just to charge us 3.2 owners more however £100 for an extra drop of oil is down right wrong!!!

• Cam belt £349
  • Major service £249
  • Interim service £99
  • Brake pads £99
  • Brake fluid change £49

My front pads were nowhere near that price, not that I had to pay for them as I'm on FPM. I'm sure all this promotional bull is spouted as a marketing ploy from Head Office UK, and the dealers decide whether to buy in to it or not.

I had a letter from Audi UK offering me a free MoT for FPM, then another one from my local dealer offering 25% discount for an MoT, but I had already been on the net to .co.uk and signed up to the free MoT deal they were offering which was nothing to do with FPM.

No consistency, no idea.

Audi UK & it's franchises continue to demonstrate they know very little about a well defined premium service.

Its still nice to be greeted by name when you walk into the showroom at Preston Audi.....

I know that its simply the receptionist putting your reg into her computer when she sees you pulling up in the car park to get your name, but its a real feelgood factor somehow.....

And how it should be

Quite easy to answer that one. You goes in to get a service. They lets you take out an R8 V10, they buys you lunch then they point you in the direction of the nearest knocking shop and say its on them. By the time you go back in the R8 your motors been serviced, full detailed and has a new set of tyres on it. You pick up your keys and pay nothing, they say ' Thank you for buying audi, we have replaced all the parts that can and will fail with one which wont so we only need to see you for a oil and filter change. Oh and by the way, if you ever fancy selling your motor we will by it off you for what you apid for it'

Is that to much to ask.

Its one of those days.

I called Reading Audi to book my car in for an oil change and was quoted £280. I laughed and told them about my quote from MK Audi and they dropped the price to £155 :tocktock:

Audi Guildford charge £95 for 5ltr at my last change...+ labour