Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    TAC
    3.2 V6 Burble... hmmmmmmm

Status

Fancy a laugh about servicing!!!

Been phoning round getting some prices for servicing my A3 3.2 most have been coming in at about Ł250 for the service however Yeovil Audi quoted Ł350 so i questioned as to why the basic service was so much and the service guy said and I quote, "well its a big engine a 3.2 so takes more oil thats why it's more expensive" at which point I laughed and hung up I mean really more oil as a justification for the basic service being Ł350 they must believe the public to be mugs!!!!!

Just thought I'd share it with you....
    Current - A3 3.2 DSG S-Line
    Gone but not forgotten Honda S2000 GT K&N FPIK (F***ing lairy in the wet but so so much fun...)- Golf MK3 GTI 16v -Mondeo V6 24v

FOR SALE - Indicator stalk and lower steering wheel cowling
    A3 3DR pair of rear lights in A1 condition from my 06 A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Sorry but that just sums most dealers up. I've had experience with some and they really dont know anything and even argue with you that you are wrong!!! Lol, i'd stay clear of Yeovil.... made me laugh though.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    Top one, that's a bloody expensive litre of oil! You should have said you don't understand the language retard and asked to speak to his manager!
    3.2 V6 - Bring on the Burble!

4th Gear

Status
    8P S3

TAC
    3.2 V6 Burble... hmmmmmmm

Status
    You expect exceptional service when you take your car to an Audi Centre but the bill may seem somewhat unexceptional. Our competitive fixed prices mean that, when it’s time to pay, the only surprise you’ll receive is a pleasant one.
    Our fixed-price jobs* are:

• Cam belt Ł349
    • Major service Ł249
    • Interim service Ł99
    • Brake pads Ł99
    • Brake fluid change Ł49
    * Privately owned Audi vehicles over 36 months old from date of registration. Up to and including 2.0 litre engines for A2, A3, A4, A6 and TT. Prices subject to change without notice. Prices include VAT at 17.5% and parts and labour. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Excludes Channel Islands.

Spot the sneaky * just to charge us 3.2 owners more however Ł100 for an extra drop of oil is down right wrong!!!
    Current - A3 3.2 DSG S-Line
    Gone but not forgotten Honda S2000 GT K&N FPIK (F***ing lairy in the wet but so so much fun...)- Golf MK3 GTI 16v -Mondeo V6 24v

FOR SALE - Indicator stalk and lower steering wheel cowling
    A3 3DR pair of rear lights in A1 condition from my 06 A3

2nd Gear

Status
    Offer to take the extra litre in yourself and see if they'll match the deal :-)
    2012 White A5 Coupe TFSi Black Edition
    (Was 2004 A3 2.0 TDi S-Line DSG, owned from 2005 to 2012....)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    • Cam belt Ł349
    • Major service Ł249
    • Interim service Ł99
    • Brake pads Ł99
    • Brake fluid change Ł49
    My front pads were nowhere near that price, not that I had to pay for them as I'm on FPM. I'm sure all this promotional bull is spouted as a marketing ploy from Head Office UK, and the dealers decide whether to buy in to it or not.

I had a letter from Audi UK offering me a free MoT for FPM, then another one from my local dealer offering 25% discount for an MoT, but I had already been on the net to .co.uk and signed up to the free MoT deal they were offering which was nothing to do with FPM.

No consistency, no idea.

Audi UK & it's franchises continue to demonstrate they know very little about a well defined premium service.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

2nd Gear

Status
    Its still nice to be greeted by name when you walk into the showroom at Preston Audi.....

I know that its simply the receptionist putting your reg into her computer when she sees you pulling up in the car park to get your name, but its a real feelgood factor somehow.....
    2012 White A5 Coupe TFSi Black Edition
    (Was 2004 A3 2.0 TDi S-Line DSG, owned from 2005 to 2012....)

Status
    And how it should be
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

4th Gear

Status
    Quite easy to answer that one. You goes in to get a service. They lets you take out an R8 V10, they buys you lunch then they point you in the direction of the nearest knocking shop and say its on them. By the time you go back in the R8 your motors been serviced, full detailed and has a new set of tyres on it. You pick up your keys and pay nothing, they say ' Thank you for buying audi, we have replaced all the parts that can and will fail with one which wont so we only need to see you for a oil and filter change. Oh and by the way, if you ever fancy selling your motor we will by it off you for what you apid for it'

Is that to much to ask.

Its one of those days.

is a retronaut

Status
    I called Reading Audi to book my car in for an oil change and was quoted Ł280. I laughed and told them about my quote from MK Audi and they dropped the price to Ł155
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Audi Guildford charge Ł95 for 5ltr at my last change...+ labour
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.