Remap for my a3! Help needed :)!

lowrider

Reaction score
Hi all, I currently own a 2005 Audi a3 2.0tdi S-tronic DSG 140bhp, I want to get a remap to improve fuel economy, not really bothered about gaining too much power although it would be nice too go a bit faster :w00t:
Are there any reccomended places? and would it strain the engine or turbo too much or put anything in danger of having to change every so often? Your opinions would be appreciated!

Angel tuning have done my past 2 car's, extra 9MPG on average on my fabia VRS, at 182 BHP from 130. Would put yours upto around the same, the DSG will handle the extra torque and BHP just fine! Boost in the turbo was put up by 0.1 bar, so not much at all. I'd recommend doing it! They come out to you, so maximum conveinience, they do discount for military and emergency services as Nigel, one of the 2 owners was in the army. Say I recommended you and I'm sure they will sort you a good deal. No other parts should need changing at all, that engine and parts are more than capable to cope with the extra power.
Hope this helps,
Neil

Angel tuning have done my past 2 car's, extra 9MPG on average on my fabia VRS, at 182 BHP from 130. Would put yours upto around the same, the DSG will handle the extra torque and BHP just fine! Boost in the turbo was put up by 0.1 bar, so not much at all. I'd recommend doing it! They come out to you, so maximum conveinience, they do discount for military and emergency services as Nigel, one of the 2 owners was in the army. Say I recommended you and I'm sure they will sort you a good deal. No other parts should need changing at all, that engine and parts are more than capable to cope with the extra power.
Hope this helps,
Neil
I would love to see some proof of an Angel Tuning or any mapping company increase a PD130 from 130 bhp to 182bhp AND get a 9mpg increase without fitting lots of extra parts to de-restrict the engine. Both Custom Code and Revo only claim 170-175bhp with a standard generic phase 1 map.There are several companies that can sale you ecomany maps personally i would contact http://www.oscarli.com/ as i know Ricard Washbrook who IS a person that can remap cars and wrote a lot of the diesel Revo and Custom code maps so his company doesn`t just buys in maps and flogs them on while not having a clue what the hell they are doing.

To be honest, didn't put it on a rolling road, just took their word for it, felt ****** fast though and got over 600 miles out of the 45 litre tank. My mate put his A6 on a rolling road after and it put out 184BHP, cannot remember the torque output, but don't know anything too technical about it. I think with the list on your car you would probably know more than I! 330BHP, bet that goes like a B***ard!

Last edited: