Running cables through firewall/bulkhead

scottie123

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#
Reaction score
I need to run some cables from the engine bay to the central electrics board.

Has any body done this/ know of a way ?

It is very tight in there and i'm kinda stuck on the best way to go through.

Any one got any ideas/suggestions?

Thank ya!

You could follow the instructions for fittng the extra wire for cruise control for pre 2005 cars. There are a few things to do though it gives you direct access.

Wiper arms off
scuttle tray off
wiper motor out
the black plate behind wiper out, this leads into car above the cenral electronics module
trim under steering column off

Its not too hard a job if the arms come off ok, just leaving a bit off man handling to get the wiper motor out.

Khufu, you are my new best friend!

I did look at that route kinda, but one of my wiper arms is seized on.

I have left some releasing spray soaking on it so it should come of when I have a go again.

Is the a cruise guide on here anywhere do you know?

I'd keep soaking arm & wiggling. Mine care off really easy!!! On a minus side, managed to crack a bit of the scuttle tray that clips down into below the windscreen (should have waited till warmer weather & plastic wasnt as brittle LOL) It cant actually be seen but as the trim isnt held now it sits up a bit. If you go down this route try to pry the trim edge at the windscreen upwards 1st before pulling towards front of the car. Will need to find time to sort mine LOL

I never found an actual guide but more piecing bits on threads into a guide. Once you remove the black cover behind the wiper motor there is a plasic holder that holds several block connectors in place. Removing this (if you want) gives you enough space to stick you hand through LOL

Join the club of cracked scuttles:faint: Mine had a moment yesterday whilst I was having a peek.

Is the entry point the one were the main loom of cables goes through the bulkhead?

I now gonna see what I can dig up piccy and guide wise.

Hopefully stop me snapping to much more!