Another Front Bumper Thread

Stampie

Reaction score
Hey All

Sorry to have to bring up a subject that has been done on here plenty of times before.
I have searched and studied all of the many other threads on here and haven't managed to find answers to my questions so please forgive me for asking.

I have been offered a S3 front bumper from a 2009 plate car.
It has a small amount of damaged to it but nothing serious and would need to be re-painted anyway so thats not a problem.
I have a 2006 1.9TDi with a standard front bumper and would like to know if it would be a straight forward changeover.

My main concerns are..
Will it all fit - i.e. are bonnet, headlights, wings and all the fixing points behind the bumper all ok?
Will my current grille fit the S3 bumper? I know the S3 grille is a different design but wouldn't be able to fund it all at the moment so would like to use the current grille for the time being.
I will need to buy foglight surrounds but do I need foglight as well or will my ones fit the new surrounds?
Is the very lower centre grille/splitter a seperate part or is it all molded as one piece?

I'm sure you guys will be able to help - Impressed by the work other guys have done, N8 etc..
Your help and advice is appreciated.

Here are a couple of pics if it helps.

This is my car
Audi-Sport1.jpg

This is the 2009 S3 bumper
2009audis3sportbackstronic13.jpg

If it is a 2009 s3 bumper, I believe it will be the face lift s3 version, so will not fit, unless you get new wings bonnet etc.

The s3 bumper you have shown is the 8p2 s3.(non facelift)

This is a 2009 s3 bumper

2009-Audi-S3-Sportback.jpg

check the pics scottie its not the facelift, as to answer your quistion theres a bit of packing that needs trimmed or you can buy another one, someone will drop in wwith the p/n this mod has been done lots before and everything will line up fine

I dont think the picture he has shown is of the actual bumper he has been offered Phil.

If it is a 2009 bumper he has been offered, it will be the one I have shown :p

I dont think the picture he has shown is of the actual bumper he has been offered Phil.

If it is a 2009 bumper he has been offered, it will be the one I have shown :p

Scottie you're right mate - Goddam Google image search!

The bumper I have been offered is the same as the one on the blue car you have pictured.

I can see the bonnet line & lights are different.
Can't see the wood for the trees sometimes - I suppose being offered a S3 bumper for free would make anyones eyes go blurry!!

Thanks for the info

Yes a free s3 bumper would make me go giddy too :hubbahubba:

Sorry to crash this thread but it is related... will the fog lights shown on Stampie's car (with the Sport bumper) fit a 2007 S-Line bumpers fog light surrounds or will the lights themself be different?

Nah it's a good day today :)

Car is out of the body shop and I am now bolting bits on wooohooooo!

Hoping to be done tomorrow night. Maybe then some piccy's :)

Nothing ground breaking, but its making me smile :p

Make sure its a 08 bumper not 09

Doh! I just knew N8 would be along to help with this one - Top job on your car mate looks the nuts, been reading your posts for most of the day today.

Defo a '09 bumper so the final verdict is...........

NO:crying:

They are different.

You will need new fogs.

****! I better get some pretty quickly then as the bumper is being fitted in just over a week! Cheers Scottie.