Boot lock fault and replacing brake lights

Mick a3

Mellow Yellow
Reaction score
My boot lock has decided to stop working,Tried wd40 and the lock's moving freely just doesn't seem to be any power to it at all and checked the rubber seals aint loose and stopping it from closing. So at this point in time my boot aint locking at all!

Also my 2 back brake lights suddenly decided to pack it in, got 2 errors coming up on my trip DIS..........Bought some bulbs from halfords earlier and replaced them but they dont seem to be working either. Check fuse 13 which indicates to be the back brake lights and the fuse seems fine.

Seems strange these all went at the same time, Anyone had similar problems or can shed light on this?

Thanks in advance
Mick

Now my back wiper's stopped working aswell and there's no power to the washer jet at all. Stripped the boot panel all hoses and wiring seems fine, no sign of any water damage etc.
Found a guy with similar problems here http://uk-audis.net/forums/p/2138/15625.aspx although he never quite let out if he got it fixed or not.

Managed to get the boot locked manually and need some info on a part No.8p0035225.

None at all mate. First one back light went.............I washed the car the boot went then the other brake light followed shortly.

Yep, number plate lights are fine...So are my driving lights, reverse and fogs and my rear level brake light. Just doesn't quite add up!

Without looking at it I can't think of anything mate. Perhaps an earth problem?

The part you gave is an aerial amplifier BTW.

Without looking at it I can't think of anything mate. Perhaps an earth problem?

The part you gave is an aerial amplifier BTW.

Thanks mate,That part No was about the only info I could scour from that other post, Theres an earth on the right hand side of the boot lid , Seems secure enough and firmly bolted down. I'll have to get it into the garage asap as i'm asking for it driving with no brake lights.

Got the lights and wiper sorted to find out i had the old "Leaking back wiper hose down into the bootlid and into the bootlock".Guess I'l be needing a whole new boot lock as this probably has shorted out.

Anyone got a rough price on a new lock mechanism?