A3 2007 s-line rear bumper

Reaction score
Hey all

Im after abit of help. My Mum Reversed into my car the other day. It's put a creased line in my bumper (not a mark on my mum's mini)
Had 3 estimates now to repair/paint they all been around £190 to £280.
Money is abit low at mo, So i was thinking about taking off bumper and refit it myself. I've done a search on here but couldn't find much on it.
Wondering if any one could do a how to, or where to find bolts/screws also any cilps i will need to buy to refit the bumper
Or is it just best to leave it to bodyshop if its a git to do.

Thanks
Dan
:icon_thumright:

Dead easy mate, should take no longer than 30 mins to remove bumper. I say do it yourself. Here's a rough guide:

Remove both rear lights. screws are in the boot. They are held by one 14mm plastic nut each.
Remove 2 screws behind tailight. remove all screws round the splash guard on each side. i think there's about 4 on each side. also there's 3 scres under the bumper.
Finally 2 10mm nuts in the boot. You will need to remove the circle covers to get to the nuts.
Then pull it off. all done.
If you have parking sensors then you will need to dis connect them first.
Hope it helps

probably cheaper if your lucky to get a second hand one in the correct colour off ebay . not saying you will just seems steep to repair and repaint a bumper