S-line suspension & wheels with wheel spacers

circleswim

Lacks Car Funds...
Reaction score
Right guys I'm trying to find pictures of a3's with s-line suspension and wheels but with wheel spacers fitted. I have no plans to change wheels and currently don't intend to lower anymore because I can't afford coilovers at the moment. I want to fill the arches out a little more, especially on the back endbut don't want my car looking like a Suzuki vitara fatboy because I haven't got it slammed.
I've used the search function but I can't find what I'm looking for, there must be a few members on here with 8P s-lines with standard suspension and wheels with spacers fitted.
Going from what ive seen previously I think I'm planning on just spacing the rear 10mm on each side but want to see pics to confirm this...

Cheers!

P1000866.jpg

Not the greatest of photo's but I think this is when I had 10mm on the front and 12mm on the rear.

Personally I don't think you have anything to worry about. S-lines can carry spacers off OK without looking agricultural.

Last edited:
To get the maximum look from spacers you need to lower. I think the S-Line suspension is crashy anyway, so you can do springs and shocks or coils, depends on your budget.

I have 10mm on the front and 15mm on the rear with 35mm H&R springs which haven't really lowered the car a huge amount over the std S-Line suspension it had so this should give you a good idea hopefully:

CIMG0847.jpg

CIMG0848.jpg

MG, have youhad any rubbing on the rears with 15mm spacers fitted? I regularly have 4 people in my car so I really need a scrub free ride...

MG, have youhad any rubbing on the rears with 15mm spacers fitted? I regularly have 4 people in my car so I really need a scrub free ride...​

Very occasional on the rear passenger side only when under load and I hit a bump. However, the car is going to APS on Monday and will be having a four wheel alignment amongst other things. Ed, the main man there, reckons I shouldn't get any rubbing with this set up so they're going to take a look at the arch lining in conjunction with doing the allignement. I'll let you know the outcome.

I'm in the same boat only a few years later!

Did you ever get any spacers in the end, and if you did could you throw up some photos along with the size you went for please?

Thanks in advance.

Craig