Bodykit for my A3

motionlee

Reaction score
As above chaps, i have just brought a 04 plate 3.2 and am already on the hunt for a kit, there is a s3 one on ebay for £175 but i think that will be a botch up to fit lol, i think the gen one's will be too pricey so does anyone know of any abs plastic one's ? i would also consider another make of kit if anyone as any links etc
Any help is appreaicated

Hofele and ABT do some reasonable kits for the A3 however, I think you're best off going AUDI OEM with either the S-Line kit or S3 kit or a combination of the two :) all personal pref of course :)

£175 sounds a bit cheap for an S3 kit... I'd probably steer clear of that - what did it include?

Last edited:
The kit included everything, but like you say i best stay clear, do you have any links an what kind of prices they go for ?

Yeah i know, that is what i was thinking Sarah. It would only split so abs i :think:

Just click the words 'Hofele' and 'ABT' in my previous post - I tried amended the font colour but it wasnt having it :)

just sline and s3 are oem, votex etc is aftermarket, best to stay clear unless you love burberry

votex was offered by Audi as an extra on early 8p2's before the full s line kit was available, to give people the option of making their a3 a little bit differant.

It has Audi branding on it, so really it can be classed as oem. There is a few a3's out there with audi fitted votex kits.

The skirts are rather nice, the front lip is ok, but the rear diffuser is a bit burberry :p

This was my old A3 with Votex kit fitted

8c78_3.jpg

970f_3.jpg

How much was that robby ?

It was already fittd when i bought the car

It's the same kit as in the link to ECS i posted -
front lower spoiler, rear lower valance, upper rear spoiler, side skirts - tailpipe extensions are supposed to be fitted as the valance sticks out more but as you can see my old car didn't have them?

Thanks for that robby, i think i may of found an s line front bumper, think i will add them vortex side skirts, and then i have the rear to think about. To either put that vortex diffuser on or try and source a s line rear bumper.

Right i have just won my s line front bumper, so need to get a grill for it. Coilover's tomorrow and then the rest

Does anyone know if i will have to modifie the crash bar or anything eles ? Is this a direct fit ?

there is some votex sides on ebay, but they are for 5 door. :(

Did your bumper have the spots and grills in?

As you may/may not know the fogs from the non s line dont fit the sline grill.

No i did not know that the fogs from mine wont fit the s line and the one i brought as not got them in, not sure what i can do now

Unfortunately the fogs are like hens teeth on ebay. :(

You are looking at around £60 each new. Surrounds are about £20 each.

I have just finished getting all the bits together myself, so I know how expensive it is going to be :(

Lee, I think the bar can be adapted, but, I think they are circa £40 from dealer. You don't hang about do you...:icon_thumright:

:slap: Just a splash of Votex to make you cringe........:friends:

If everybody liked the same thing , it would all be very boring.

But N8, I do value your opinion, even if I do choose to disagree !

Lee...your 04 3.2 is twin grill yea ?? so what is this s-line grill you have brought ??

Lee...your 04 3.2 is twin grill yea ?? so what is this s-line grill you have brought ??
If you mean grill at the top then the bumper then the grill again at the bottom with a grill on either side for the fogs, that is mine. The one that i brought the grill holes where the fogs go are really long into the bumper, but i can get my hands on another s line bumper where the fog light holes are not so long and look about the same lenght as mine so am confused, was there two different s line bumpers ?
Any help is greatful

If you mean grill at the top then the bumper then the grill again at the bottom with a grill on either side for the fogs, that is mine. The one that i brought the grill holes where the fogs go are really long into the bumper, but i can get my hands on another s line bumper where the fog light holes are not so long and look about the same lenght as mine so am confused, was there two different s line bumpers ?
Any help is greatful

you sure you not bought an 08 facelift bumper? They have bigger grilles?

Best have a read of THIS mate, think you've just jumped in with both feet!

Thanks for the link, looks like i will have to repalce the bonnet aswell !!!

Right after lots of hunting around i have found A 06 plate s line bumper with grill, fogs, and also the bonnet for £370, how does that sound.
And am i right in saying it will go stright on my 04 plate a3 ?

yep, ive done the conversion bonnet and bumper are the only changes required though if youre going sline i think you need new fogs too

Should do :)

Sounds a fairish price. Is it the same colour as yours?

Yeah it is same colour but will have painted aswell, why would i need the fogs as it comes with the bumper of the seller and the grill

I think it must be Phil's time of the month :slap:

You wont need new fogs mate as the are in the new bumper :)

Thanks scottie, now need to find s3 rear bumper and some form of side skirts .....