Paint damage repair

Vazza

Reaction score
Hi guys, recently bought an 08 Audi A3 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic in Phantom Black Metallic and have loved every minute of driving it, so you can imagine my reaction on returning to the car after shopping to find a small white, rough scuff/scratch to the paintwork on the passenger rear side just above the wheel arch (apologies for the rubbish iPhone pics). Is there anything that can be done to repair the scuff apart from a respray? Could a detailer restore it?

img0176f.jpg

Yeah, the area feels rough and raised in some places when you run your finger over it but it's very small...about the size of a 5p coin.

I'd try a bit of cutting compond followed by a polish - this should reduce it

If it's through the paint into the primer then only a paint repair will fix it completely - smart repair companies (mobile) would charge maybe £30 but it would have to be blended into the surrounding area and depending on the painter it could stand out more?

steer clear of smart repairs, ive seen all of them screw up fast. the way i go about repairing that is a light rub with wet and dry paper dipped in a bucket of water with a tiny bit of fairy liquid. touch up the mark with paint laquer and hardener with laquer and paint of the same quantity and half hardener. leave it to cure for 24hrs, blade down till its flat, quick light rub again and follow that up with a polishing compound and it should loook brand new.

any good detailer would use a similar process as the repairs last far longer than smart repairs and by that i mean the only time ive seen em come out is when someone scuffs em again haha

As I have no experience with doing repairs like this can anyone please recommend a detailer in Southend?