Volks AutosChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

XENON PLUS HEADLIGHTS - YOUR VIEWS !

Hi , i'm thinking of maybe choosing the 'xenon plus headlight' option at around about Ł545 and was wondering what your views are on them ! Are they very good / worth the money ? Are there any problems that you have experienced with this option that in time will end up costing you an arm and a leg in the long run ? Thankyou very much .

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    For me xenon's are not worth Ł545, there are plenty of other things i could spend that amount of money on

I have the adaptive xenons on my Sportback and think they are well worth the extra cost. The normal halogen headlights have never been that good on the A3 and, whilst you can use greater output bulbs, they will never be as good as xenons. The number of members on this forum who fit xenons to a car not already fitted with them should be a good indication of their better performance.

Personally I would never buy a new car with including the xenon option. Ł545 is not a huge amount when considered against the total price of the car and to fit them (properly, including auto-levelling and headlamp washers) of purchase will almost certainly cost as much if not more.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Sepang Blue S3

Status
    Defo no to be missed. Trust me.

David
    2012 Porsche Cayman R Peridot Green MY12
    2011 Porsche Cayman S Basalt Black MY08

2010 S3 Sepang Blue MY10
    2009 S3 Imola Yellow MY09
    2007 S3 Solar Orange MY08
    2005 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line 200Bhp MY06 : Misano Red
    2003 A3 2.0Tdi Sport 140Bhp MY04 : Brilliant Black

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks guy's , any inherent problems to be aware of ? Seem to remember somewhere some mention of 'bulb flicker' . Also what is the likelyhood of one of the LED's going and what is the cost incurred to change ? Do the headlamp washers work independently to the windscreen washers or are they seperate ? Many thanks .

Too Much Hype

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by shilts View Post
    Thanks guy's , any inherent problems to be aware of ? Seem to remember somewhere some mention of 'bulb flicker' . Also what is the likelyhood of one of the LED's going and what is the cost incurred to change ? Do the headlamp washers work independently to the windscreen washers or are they seperate ? Many thanks .

All covered under warrant.

The headlamp washers work with the windscreen washers.

1st Gear

Status
    Worth every penny and ive used xenons on a few cars ive owned.

To be honest once your used to them you'll never want to go back, and other thing to concider is that they cost conciderable more to retrofit.
    2010 "59" | A3 1.8 TFSI S-Line | Black Edition | Ibis White | Xenon Plus & LED DRL | BOSE | FBMFSW | Light & Rain Sensor Pack | Interior Light Pack | Bluetooth | Heated Seats | Folding Mirrors | Tire Pressure Monitor