H&R spring question..

djgc

Reaction score
Which H&R springs do people most often use in here? is it the 35mm one?

Think it depends on whar model you have - if yours is an s-line the 35mm won't lower much more than your standard s-line springs.

will 35mm do the job for me? if i was to get? or should i get lower?

Depends what you want mate to be honest

What type of A3 do you have?
What size are your wheels?
What are the road conditions like where you live?
Have you had lowered cars before?

No doubt it will improve the handling of the car but you will sacrifice comfort slightly and if you have warrenty on the car any suspension related claims from Audi will be void if you lower it.

The other option is coilovers - you can now get decent coilovers for under £400. Going a lot lower on just springs will put more pressure on the standard shocks so in the long run, if you want lowness, coilovers might be for you!

i drive a 2008 S3 . stock 18" rims . my car isnt lowered. but i do plan to switch to 19s soon and i want my car to look good with the springs like perfect lowered height

djgc, I think there's probably springs out there that would do the job and your shocks are prob fine for 2 yrs old but, I personally would go the coilover route, you have a high performance car that needs appropriate suspension, and, if you're doing 19's at some point you may well need to alter the ride height, obviously with just springs this won't be an option. I know where my money would go.... :icon_thumright:

thanks~!! i'm gonna be tearing a hole in my wallet ><

Check out BBSBOY's thread on here of his Ibis S3 on stock wheels with H&R springs - looks perfect!

Check mine out for Sprint Blue S3 on H&R springs and 19" BBS CH

I would link you to pics but they do not work in work :(