Chris NottEM Tuning
    vorsprung Durch Technik

Status

new windscreen fitted....and........

I had a new windscreen fitted through insurance they fitted a genuine audi one (as requested) ive cleaned the screen properly and im noticing very very fine 'orange peel' effect all over the glass im looking out for it now so notice it more,im noticing more when there is a car infront of me and i see more of the 'orange peel' effect.......any of you guys had this or is this normal?
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I know you can get the greenish tint effect on some of the VAG's...never heard of orange though?

1st Gear

Status
    I had my screen replaced the other week and did not ask for an Audi screen but got one and I have noticed any orange effect tbh
    Now - A1 1.6TDI S-Line in Amfali White with comfort pack

A3 2.0TDI gone but not forgotten

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    im not talking colours here.....if you dont understand then i dont think i can explain it any better to be honest.......its like when you have a crap paint job and you get alot of orange peel effect if ya know what i mean,in paint you can mop or flat&polish the paint and get rid of it. Click link below to get an idea.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_so3bXLaZBrg/Sv...G_0011_2-1.JPG
    Last edited by vw754; 7th March 2010 at 02:10.

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Have you tried claying it? You say you've cleaned the screen properly but what with?

Could be some bonded dirt which claying would remove. If that fails try a glass polish.
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    its clean as a whistle !........you cant clean it anymore and im not gona waste my time........going back to autoglass so there techy can check it out on monday.

Reverse Gear

Status
    It is one of two things, but without seeing it, i cannot tell.
    1, possibly the interlayer between the glass, has not shrunk enough, during the autoclave process, when the windcreen was produced, this is a common problem during production.
    2, the glass is contaminated with silicones, this also happens during the storage stage of glass production, as the glass stacks, normally stored in batches of 25 are coated in silicone, to stop debris sticking to the glass during transportation.

Dec
    2nd Gear

Status
    I know this won't be it.. but in my girlfriends dads Jaguar XF where it has the heater elements in it you can see them and it makes the glass appear blurry.. very very annoying so can relate to how annoying it must be to have a non-clear windscreen

'04 A3 2.0 TDI.

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    Took it autoglass and they said theyve seen worse,but if im not happy (which im not) a new one was ordered from audi today and will be fitted a week this wednesday,just hope i dont have the same issues otherwise i will be peed off!
    fingers crossed !