A3 leather interior conversion - not happy

rickyquicky

Reaction score
Just wondering who else has put leather in their A3 that has the 'bluey' colour dashboard and doorcards?

I bought a cream leather/alcantara interior and the doorcards are a dark brown (top) and cream (bottom half) colour and it doesnt match my dashboard. So ive had to leave my original doorcards in and the interior really doesnt suit the car.

So im taking it all out again and going to try a black leather interior now, what i'd like if possible is anyone with the dark blue interior (dash, doorcards etc) with leather to post a few pics of their interior so I can see what leathers might suit my car and if its even worth trying black leather.

By the way, A3 cream half leather/half alacntara interior for sale now lol!

Last edited:
It would probably be easier to just have the leather retrimmed in a colour to suit, if you are taking it out yourself and dropping off the cost will be drastically reduced asless labour intensive. Try a company called Classic car services they are based in Leicestershire and ran by a chap called Steve, amazing quality and reasonably priced.

Yeah its worth a try, cheers. Just thought that the money I would get from selling the interior would give me enough to basically do a straight swap for a black interior. What do you reckon my interior is worth if I decide to sell?

a3's with the blue dash are pretty rare to be fair, your going to hqve touble finding one to suit.

Yeah exactly, its a pain in the **** tbh.

Im gonna try and post a few pics of the interior see what you guys think of the cream against the blue and get some feedback...

Yeah dash swap would be your best bet mate, cheaper aswell, probably get it all out & in within a day & there are dashes on ebay cheaply.

I guess if you've got a blue dash and seats then the carpet and other interior plastics are blue?

I'll try to post some pics up tomorrow, sorry am using a mac and really am no good at using it lol.

I did consider a dash swap but ALL the plastics are blue, the boot trim, all the trim around the bottom of the doors, all the gearknob and handrake surround as well with the armrest etc - it would be a real chore to swap everything. I am going to ring someone tomorrow about a retrim in black (which seems a shame as they are in nice condition) but I think if I can sell these then I should get the money back to be able and just get black leather which will suit the car a lot more and hopefully not cost me anymore money.

TBH mate you can find multi entire interiors on ebay for less than a retrim I can assure you, I personally have all the door cards in black if interested, so thats one major thing done.

Yeah im just gonna put mine up for sale and get the black leather...hope the blue against the black wont look as bad.

Would be really interested to see an A3 with the blue interior with leather as standard to see how it looks. TBH I think the blue plastics look gash.

Course I'm right, the 4 door cards are sitting in my front room, lmfao

Thanks for the offer mate, but the seats came with the 4 doorcards. They are half dark grey/brown colour and the bottom half is cream with cream alcantara inserts.

Again, its the hassle with the dash etc. Looked on ebay and they are around 200 quid, plus all the other trim, and all that will take a good day out of my week to fit.

So its either keep the cream, or sell it and just get black leather which I think will go a lot better with the blue. Is a shame that no-one else seems to have leathers with the blue interior so I could see how it looks.

How much you reckon front and rear half leather/alcantara in cream with all doorcards is worth? As a reasonably 'quick sale' price?

When I was looking for an A3 I saw a few with the blue dash and with black/grey suits and I personally thought that the blue dash looked better with the cream coloured seats.

I don't think blue and black go well together but that is just my personal opinion. Have you taken some pictures of your car with the cream interior and then photoshopped it to turn the seats black to see what that would like? Sounds like that would be easier than buying black seats and you finding out you don't like them.

Im gonna put the rest of the interior in tomorrow and give it one last chance and see if I can get it to look 'right'.

I only put the front seats in before deciding they didnt look good and pretty much gave up tbh. How do you fit the rear seats? I know that the bottom part just pulls out, but looking at the seat backs I dont see how you can possibly unbolt them!

Right ive given up! Im going for a different colour, so this is now up for a quick sale if anyone needs a cream leather/alcantara interior.

Its a shame that its turned out to be trial and error but I dont think I would ever have been really happy with it, and its just too much work to do the whole interior.

Nige is right retrim , cos the blue trim is effin :puke2: