Removal of air filter housing

Wozski

Reaction score
I tried doing this yesterday but then i came across a clip on the bottom of the housing?
Any ideas on how to remove it without breaking it lol

Give it a strong tug and it will come off. I had the same problem not understanding the fastening. The rubber boot is fastened into the air cleaner housing and deformed over the bolt head. There is another one under the floor of the housing. Trust me - a strong 'yank' upwards and it comes off ! Goes back with a firm push. I did it yesterday !

lol i hope your right!!!
Will give it a whirl later on - just to confirm though that you unscrewed 1 bolt using an allen key first??

Sorry for delay - been out.

Yes - one allen key bolt. To be honest I took all the bolts/screws out and took the thing to bits first, then 'yanked' the whole thing out. Are you changing bulbs by any chance ?

no just giving the engine bay a clean out
gonna do it now so fingers crossed!!!

Out again 'till teatime. Don't forget there are two of those rubber things, one in the bottom of the tray in the middle. I also took the two long bolts out by the electrical 'thingy' as well so the whole thing could move out of the way. Good luck - let me know how you got on. Cheers

Well i did it and sucessfully put it back together
There was one thing i wasnt sure and i left it as it was - there was a long thin pipe undernesth the airfilter box. I left it connected to the main box and wasnt sure if it needed to insert somewhere else from the other end??

Nice one - sticky little ****** isn't it ?. The pipe is just a drain in case water gets into the housing and is only fixed at the housing end. The open end just points down.

it most certainly was!
I figured that was its job but i wasnt so sure - so thanks for clearing that up for me :icon_thumright: