Difference Between RNS-E & Chrome

Not so simple.

They're all RNS-E.

Some are black knob, some are chrome.

All the latest 2010 super-new hi-rez ones are chrome knob, but not all the chrome knob are super-new hi-rez ones.

So... 'no'...

..and 'yes'.

Keith

You'll first notice the price. If it's approx £500 or less, the chrome knobbed and non-chrome knobbed RNS-E's are the same (except for the knobs!)

If it's £850 plus with chrome knobs .... it's the new RNS-E that takes 32gb SD cards.

I have a chrome-knobbed £500 unit, and when I have the Alpine KCE-425i ipod adaptor, I'll be happy with it!

Only the 09/10 units have the chrome knobs

The 09 unit still has the Satnav maps on a dvd, whereas the 10 units have a hard drive with the maps pre installed

mine is a chrome unit, but I believe it is an 08 model. Will have to check on that though :p

Only the 09/10 units have the chrome knobs

The 09 unit still has the Satnav maps on a dvd, whereas the 10 units have a hard drive with the maps pre installed

Firstly -Definitately not true... Many 08's had chrome knobs also.

Secondly... first I've heard about the hard drive...

I'm inclined to say no way. -surely they'd put stuff on flash before they put a mechanical drive in there? -Where/how did you come by this information?

Keith

Ok guys thanks for the replies on this, by looking on ebay this easiest way to narrow it down is the "media" button. Going by that there isn't even one for sale on ebay. Do you's think it's worth while hanging off for a new 2010v or just go for the current RNS-chrome?

If your buying off ebay its just a matter of waiting for the seller to nick someone's new one.... shouldn't be long :yes:

Firstly -Definitately not true... Many 08's had chrome knobs also.

Secondly... first I've heard about the hard drive...

I'm inclined to say no way. -surely they'd put stuff on flash before they put a mechanical drive in there? -Where/how did you come by this information?

Keith

Maybe thnking of the VW RN510? I'm fairly sure it has a HD

Ye i was going by the VW unit, sorry