Dash board light not working & Fuel gauge question...

Reaction score
I picked my new A3 up on Saturday and for some reason the clock has stopped working! anyone know how I can fix it? is the display faulty?

5ebbj8.jpg

This may sound stupid, but my other question was - When does the fuel gauge light up to let me know I'm in the reserve tank? Is it when the needle hits the 1st red line? (arrow)

As you can see from the photo, I've got 1/4 of a tank left, and the trip computer estimates 100miles left - does this seem pretty accurate? (2.0 TDi) I just wanted to clarify... Thanks.

2q83pxl.jpg

seems like a malfunction of the 7 segment display, im unsure if theyre a replaceable component, good news its whatever dealer you bought it from's responsiblity to sort it as for the reserve q it pops up in the top section of the dis in a yellow colour at 45 miles left if i recall maybe 40 but around there then it goes red at 10 miles left

seems like a malfunction of the 7 segment display, im unsure if theyre a replaceable component, good news its whatever dealer you bought it from's responsiblity to sort it as for the reserve q it pops up in the top section of the dis in a yellow colour at 45 miles left if i recall maybe 40 but around there then it goes red at 10 miles left
Thanks for that :)

mines on that mark at the moment! and is showing 120miles remaining - so yes its ok !

it all depends on teh previous 15 minutes driving, so if youve got lead boots then youre gonna have less but yeah the warning comes on at the same value every time though i belive i get over 100 miles outta the red on my 1.6petrol a3 haha

it begins at yellow and in teh last 10 miles it changes to red, im cheap so i found out haha