Free MOT!!

Be prepared for minor failures with major repair costs on this year's MOT, and then lots more failures on next year's MOT that aren't covered under the £750 repairs offer.

Sorry to bring this up as I can see this was originally discussed last year, however I have a "free" MOT booked in with Audi on the 17th of this month (cars first MOT).

I was thinking exactly the same as Ads has just said above.

Has anyone actually walked into Audi, had the free MOT and then passed without paying a penny? I just can't see this happening, surely they will need to cover the cost of the MOT somehow?

Anyone had any experiences with this?

Be prepared for minor failures with major repair costs on this year's MOT, and then lots more failures on next year's MOT that aren't covered under the �750 repairs offer.

I would be very surprised if they didnt find something wrong, nothing in this life is free, lol.

my friend who is a vag technician told me about this a couple of months ago , i said id get charged a fortune if they found faults , his response " just cos they did mot doesnt mean you have to get the work done off them , if it pases it passes if it doesnt take it somewhere cheaper to get the work done" i just carnt see audi letting you take your car away without them being funny with you

This is exactly what I was thinking. But yeah, since it's free I might as well try my luck? I can always book it in at a local garage.

Might seem a bit pointless but worth a shot IMO.

my friend who is a vag technician told me about this a couple of months ago , i said id get charged a fortune if they found faults , his response " just cos they did mot doesnt mean you have to get the work done off them , if it pases it passes if it doesnt take it somewhere cheaper to get the work done" i just carnt see audi letting you take your car away without them being funny with you

theywill charge you if you come for re-test

from website in small print: "...Re-tests will be chargeable..."

If it needs a re-test I will just take it elsewhere - worth a try I reckon .....

Mine had its first, and free, MOT last year at Audi Worcester and passed without charge.
It's due its next one, also free, next week.

Sorry to bring this up as I can see this was originally discussed last year, however I have a "free" MOT booked in with Audi on the 17th of this month (cars first MOT).

I was thinking exactly the same as Ads has just said above.

Has anyone actually walked into Audi, had the free MOT and then passed without paying a penny? I just can't see this happening, surely they will need to cover the cost of the MOT somehow?

Anyone had any experiences with this?

My car has had all (x2 now) MOT's free with Audi and passed both times without any advisories. As long as you have your car serviced by Audi you are entitled. If the dealership is trying to catch you out then report them, simple as....

Thanks for some positive feedback from experiences there guys - appreciated.

Does anyone know if ECU software updates are part fo the MOT? I've had my car mapped and don't want the ECU touching if possible!

I dont know about free MOT as i never took mine in as i used a local garage i trust, but ive got free servicing aswell for 2 years which is due in about 23 days, i wonder if they will try and charge for something on this aswell ? Anybody had "free Servicing" ?

Thanks for some positive feedback from experiences there guys - appreciated.

Does anyone know if ECU software updates are part fo the MOT? I've had my car mapped and don't want the ECU touching if possible!

No they are not and the updates shouldn't effect the map anyway...

Thanks to the OP for pointing this out just rang and added my free MOT on to the service Friday. Saved me £35 so thanks a lot :)

I understand people saying they will try and fail it in the hope they can make a killing out of repairs. If this happens though I will just go back to my original plan of my mate who works at Honda doing it and almost guaranteed to pass. Not costing me any more. I doubt they will find anything to fail it on though.

my sb just had its 1st mot done at stafford audi for free. passed with no problems. :racer: all good!!

Just had my 1st MOT - it was free and it passed so I'm pleased about this! :)

Just had my 1st MOT - it was free and it passed so I'm pleased about this! :)

Same here! Mine passed Thursday although I was a little worried as they were fiddling about with the passenger headlight for a while. It looks like they were adjusting it. I half expected a labour charge for that lol

and they say nothing in this life is free .... lol

mind saying that when they fixed my injector they did give me a free tin of sweets which were nice too lol

Yeah I got some tinned tweets too - nice touch tbh

Had free mot's for a few years now, they have enough of my money anyway lol.

Had my free MOT done at Newcastle Audi and it passed without needing anything done ,and it's on a 54 plate.