Stylish Aluminimum Twin Vent Bracket for holding Sat Nav, GPS, Phone etc

MacrosTheBlack

Reaction score
Hey guys, following a post from a forum member from Spain (thanks Jann :icon_thumright:), I'm trying to gauge interest in either having the following item made up to buy, or sourcing from the guy who made them in Spain if easier (Jonny Sportback on audisport-iberica). Maybe create a Group Buy if enough interest.

Here's a link to the thread showing various ones with different logo options and pics of them installed.

http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/index.php?showtopic=147937&hl=gadget&st=315

Let me know who'd be interested? Get an idea of numbers would be good. I'm definitely keen and can't imagine it would be massive expensive. Happily pay £20-£30 for one of these myself.

Installation looks straight forward, just carefully prise off the rims of the 2 center vents, slot the bracket in, and refit rims.

post-21377-1208450097.jpg

post-27497-1211480900.jpg

post-21377-1210921594.jpg

It's a nice bit of kit I reckon! I have no use for one but I would be on the list if I did :yes:

I saw this and was very interested but don't understand how this holds a phone/gps/sav etc.

Any ideas?

I guess it depends on what bracket you have for your phone/GPS :shrug:

Magnetic cradles . Metal plate. Voila! It sticks :)

I would take an s-line one as long as it is no more than 20-30

I think there are some with a hole drilled in the middle to attach a holder, but from my view point I'd just have a padded clip mount to pinch either side of it. That way you can quickly unclip and the dash still looks nice with the just the bracket sporting the logo of your choice. I currently have a brodit mount, and that fact it's permanently there as a lump of plastic next to the stereo annoys me when I'm not using it to hold my TomTom.

Does anyone know of someone, or a company, that could tool these up from a template though? It's either that or we try and contact the guy who made them on the Spanish forum...

I saw this and was very interested but don't understand how this holds a phone/gps/sav etc.

Any ideas?

Im bi-lingual in both English and Spanish so if you need any help then just let me know!!

I would be well up for an s-line one!!

It looks relatively straight forward,if you have a template, contact a metal fabrication company that has a laser cutter and they could run a few off for a low cost, I think they would also be able to etch the logo's on too.

I'd definitely be interested in an S Line one of those!!

I agree with Macrostheblack, still looks nice with nothing mounted to it and saves making any nasty holes in the trim!!
Sorry Scottie it's almost certainly gonna be made of aluminium so magnets won't work........unfortunately.

It looks like brushed stainless to me.

Aluminium will be to soft, and you would have no strength in that design, it would just flop and bend.

However, as stainless is not magnetic, that poo poos the magnet idea :p

most stainless grades I have come across are not magnetic. But I mainly use 304 grade stainless

dont know if this guy is a powder coater to be honest... but i know he fabricates the whole thing. really nice guy too... was very helpful. although the product isn't that cheap... but i figured it would be the only mount id buy. so far dead happy with it.

Looks like your car is in the pictures on his site cooltempo

yeah he asked for some pics when i fitted as he supplied the hard wiring kit too... had a spare one. think he supplies them on the site now....

was well happy to get rid of that sat nav cable, was driving me mental ;)

Im bi-lingual in both English and Spanish so if you need any help then just let me know!!

I would be well up for an s-line one!!

Cruise89 can you digest that link and make out what they are saying? I'm keen to understand how 'things' are attached onto them.

For the purpose of this thread I'm interested in the original design as they seem to compliment the dash quite well. I'm up for an S3 one if the price is right.

MacrosTheBlack - All eyes on you :respekt:

Read the whole thread in spanish and now in contact with a company local to me. They are getting back to me on costs, will update once they respond.

For those who still cant find a use, see the images below. You can use a belt clip to attach a universal phone/gps holder or attach it to your gps or phone. Put your sunglasses in between, attach a pod for your camera etc..

2vhu06a.jpg

23vm9nl.jpg

2rpwgue.jpg

Last edited:
Good Man r21!! A few people keen on this already.

Please enlighten me about how things are are attached... do you need to buy another bit?!?

Some drilled a hole in the middle to attach the mount for the gps/unviersal holder. These mounts can be found easily on ebay. Others have used double sided adhesive to attach a belt clip to there devise. As the metal is a 2mm thickness it is easy to slide on and off.

30uq0z5.jpg

Nice work r21 :icon_thumright: Let us know what you find out. I'm going to email a local company to me too to see if they can make some up. If we're both successful we can compare prices and decide on a source. Definitely want one and think they'd be quite popular.

Had a response back from a company local to me.

The cost would be as follows:

£17.26 a piece (min 25)
£14.40 a piece (min 50)
£12.38 a piece (min 100)
£10.70 a piece (min 250)

I don't expect postage to be any more than £5 pounds. They want the outline of the product in dxf/dwg so if anyone knows someone or is good at CAD please say, otherwise I will go back to the spanish forum.

Leave a reply if your interested

I'm definitely interested, in both the dual one and the single one.

IMG_1817-vi.jpg

I prefer the silver look over the black, the guy in the USA seems to have a bigger range though... does anyone know whether he also does the silver ones (brushed alum)?

Just a quick photoshop but this would be a good one to have too... not sure whether he already makes them?

IMG_1817-vi2.jpg