Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

DRL bulb replacement

Hi All,

Can you tell me what the direct replacement buld is for the DRL's? I would like to make them as near to xenon as I can. Is it an easy enough job to replace them?

Oh and where is the best place to get them from. (56 reg S3)

Cheers
    Black S3 8P, FBMFSW, BOSE, black nappa leather, rear parking sensors, remap and intake to come!
    Previously...
    Mini John Cooper Works GP No 1871 / VW Golf MK5 R32, DSG / Renault Megane Renault Sport Trophy No.493 / Alfa Romeo (never again!!!)

2. # ADS
    ADS

is a retronaut

Status
    There's a thread linked in the FAQs thread about them mate. There are a couple of options which are: PIAA bulbs which shine a lot whiter (as seen in that thread) or you can go the LED route as Mitch78 has done, but that involves using a current draw resistor to prevent errors.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks Staz, I've had a look and the ones that are recommended arent on the website (PIAA H227 Xtreme White S25 Single 382 Bayonet 21 watt).

Is there an update model number?
    Last edited by mattdsc; 4th March 2010 at 13:42.
    Black S3 8P, FBMFSW, BOSE, black nappa leather, rear parking sensors, remap and intake to come!
    Previously...
    Mini John Cooper Works GP No 1871 / VW Golf MK5 R32, DSG / Renault Megane Renault Sport Trophy No.493 / Alfa Romeo (never again!!!)

Neutral

Status
    All sorted. I have got off my lazy ass and found the details on the site. I have ordered them and looking forward to fitting them.
    Previously...