AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Question Undelivered Car Fault

I have been informed that my new Audi BE has been kept in port for a windscreen replacement. How can I be sure that there has been no other significant damage that might have caused the problem? Can I refuse delivery if I suspect there have been other repairs.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    You can't. (to clarify, you can't see if there's any other damage that has been well repaired)
    You can see any obvious damage or poor repairs, but I hear it's common for cars to have panels resprayed before they're delivered, to fix any damage that can occur during manufacturing or while in transit. Knowing what you know, I would find someone with a PTG (paint thickness gauge) to go over the paintwork before you take delivery, if only for piece of mind.
    Last edited by Scott; 4th March 2010 at 00:16.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Cool user name

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

1st Gear

Status
    I was chattin to one of the technicians at the audi place, he was telling me that out of 6 cars 1 of them will no doubt come with damage that will need work on. Shocking really as most people won't even suspect a thing when they pick it up!

1st Gear

Status
    My best advice is when the car turns up if there is even the slightest doubt in your mind that there was significant dmage or any thing your not happy with, REJECT IT immediatly and demand a new car. Audi will provide a courtesy carfor the time it takes to get replacment and you'll end up with a better car. I only know this as ive just been through the very same thing.
    Last edited by Xerohour; 4th March 2010 at 00:39.
    2010 "59" | A3 1.8 TFSI S-Line | Black Edition | Ibis White | Xenon Plus & LED DRL | BOSE | FBMFSW | Light & Rain Sensor Pack | Interior Light Pack | Bluetooth | Heated Seats | Folding Mirrors | Tire Pressure Monitor