Undelivered Car Fault

sixfoottwo

Reaction score
I have been informed that my new Audi BE has been kept in port for a windscreen replacement. How can I be sure that there has been no other significant damage that might have caused the problem? Can I refuse delivery if I suspect there have been other repairs.

You can't. (to clarify, you can't see if there's any other damage that has been well repaired)
You can see any obvious damage or poor repairs, but I hear it's common for cars to have panels resprayed before they're delivered, to fix any damage that can occur during manufacturing or while in transit. Knowing what you know, I would find someone with a PTG (paint thickness gauge) to go over the paintwork before you take delivery, if only for piece of mind.

Last edited:
I was chattin to one of the technicians at the audi place, he was telling me that out of 6 cars 1 of them will no doubt come with damage that will need work on. Shocking really as most people won't even suspect a thing when they pick it up!

My best advice is when the car turns up if there is even the slightest doubt in your mind that there was significant dmage or any thing your not happy with, REJECT IT immediatly and demand a new car. Audi will provide a courtesy carfor the time it takes to get replacment and you'll end up with a better car. I only know this as ive just been through the very same thing.

Last edited: