Rear light condensation

tku

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wandering whether any information regarding this has been posted before as I can't find any in search option? Basically I just wanted to gather some advice as my rear left hand lights seem to have developed some condensation and looks crap basically as it should not be doing this...The car is only 2 months old, bought from new so do I just leave it and it should hopefully dry out and does, or do I call up Audi and tell them to replace the damn thing?..Cheers.

At first I would just take the light out and put it on the radiator. Might just be one of those things but if it returns, go down to audi to get a replacement

I have had my facelift rear lights since they came out and neither of them have leaked - even on my old 2004 A3 TDI neither light leaked.

Dry it out first then visit audi if it return. In my opinion.

Never seen rear lights getting condensation....

As Boydie said, dry them out, and see how you get on

Hi guys, just wandering whether any information regarding this has been posted before as I can't find any in search option? Basically I just wanted to gather some advice as my rear left hand lights seem to have developed some condensation and looks crap basically as it should not be doing this...The car is only 2 months old, bought from new so do I just leave it and it should hopefully dry out and does, or do I call up Audi and tell them to replace the damn thing?..Cheers.

Mines on a couple of months old and it has the same problem, i noticed it when i was waxing it the other day! The funny thing is mines the left one too, i wonder if theres an issue? I was just about the post the same question when i saw yours... is your a 3 door?

Yeah it is...il give it a few more days and if it doesn't go then il give audi a call..really surprised though...Just wanted to see if anyone else had same problem!

It was dark when I got out of work so I couldn't check to see if it was still there but I'll do the same if it doesn't clear. At least when we go we can say we know at least one other person with the same problem. I'm building quite a nice little list of stuff that need fixing now. The light unit, my clunking front wiper and a few other little issues!

This is quite normal and is mentioned in the Owner's Handbook.....

In cool and damp weather, the inside of the headlights, turn signals and rear lights can sometimes mist up, due to the temperature difference between the interior and exterior of the car. This should clear again partially or completely soon after you switch on the headlights. This phenomenon has no influence on the life expectancy of the vehicle lights.