Turbo replaced around 1 month ago - smoke?

G

Goner

As some of you may know, i had turbo failure not too long ago.

The mechanic replaced the turbo, flushed the intercooler, put a new oil feed pipe on, new oil filter and PD oil etc.

He told me that the car will smoke for a while, how long is this expected to last?

The reason i ask is because when the car is cold or just started up, the car smokes on tick over and does seem to put out a fair bit of WHITE/GREYISH smoke. Once it's warmed up, it's fine.. The performance of the car hasn't changed.

Also while i remember, my car is DSG and in a morning if slowing down to a stop from say 20mph, once the DSG box is changing down the gears to a stop this is when the car also seems to put out white/grey smoke, this is only on change down though, when accelerating the car doesn't tend to smoke as much or not that i have noticed anyway.

Should i be worried? If something else is on it's way out the car is going for a Civic Type R.

It might be because the ECU runs a different program when the car is cold and fuels it different i was told,plus with the air been cold outside it might be more visable,then again it could be condensation in the exhaust from it been cold then warming,then there is also the issue of how much oil it put in to the exhuast system when the turbo went which might take a good while to burn off

I'll keep an eye on it, once it's warm the car is fine doesn't smoke at all. As you say it will probably take some time to get shut of all oil in the exhaust system, i'm going to be face lifting the front end and i don't want to do that if something major is on it's way again!