Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    ``!!$al ---

Status

Question Need An Advice ...

Hi All,

I'm in middle of a dilema and I need some input from you lot. I'm thinking of buying a new A3 with same spec as my current A3 but in an ibis White but one of my mate thinks I should stick with color black as black car holds it value better than a White car . Advice please?

Sal
    '12 Merc Benz C250 AMG Sport Auto
    '11
    BMW 325i Sports Coupe
    (Sold)
    '11 Merc Benz C250 Sport
    (Sold)
    '59
    A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '08 Mini John Cooper Works (Write Off)
    '09 A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '58 BMW 120M Sport (Sold)

On Wish List : Merc CL63 AMG Coupe

2. # ADS
    ADS

On a journey...

Status
    Frankly, if you're prepared to change an '09 plater for a '10 plater, I'd ask why are you worried about how much the retained value difference will be from paint colour? If you're happy to crystalise a loss like that on a regular basis (which your car history suggests and I can appreciate from previous experience!) then the %age difference between a flat and metallic should mean very little to you!
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic (2010) - Brilliant Red
    Technology Pack (RNSE 2, Bluetooth, 6-CD stack), BOSE, roof rails, 2 child seats and 310bhp

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben H View Post
    Frankly, if you're prepared to change an '09 plater for a '10 plater, I'd ask why are you worried about how much the retained value difference will be from paint colour? If you're happy to crystalise a loss like that on a regular basis (which your car history suggests and I can appreciate from previous experience!) then the %age difference between a flat and metallic should mean very little to you!
    Agreed! id like to do the same, but the cost of doing so will be madness!! im just gonna have to live with the swirlie phantom!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

``!!$al ---

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben H View Post
    I totally agree with what you are saying sir .. I'm thinking of keep hold of the next car for next 2-3 years hence the reason i felt the need to ask fellow members for their advice .. To be honest im happy with the current car and love it to bits .. Recently got it serviced and had new tyres put on and even got it detailed a couple weeks back .. The only reason im thinking of selling it is cuz of the mileage (17k miles) mostly motorway miles plus ive been offered good price for it 19k (in my opinion) so i thought why not .. To be honest im not bothered about 10 plater even if i get hold of 59 plate with 2-3k miles on clock ill be happy with it .. Just im in two minds regarding the color lol

Sal
    '11
    BMW 325i Sports Coupe
    (Sold)
    '11 Merc Benz C250 Sport
    (Sold)
    '59

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Live with the black, start modding it

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

``!!$al ---

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Live with the black, start modding it
    lol I'm going to keep the car mod free as my gf and I both drive that car .. She had already written off 3 cars(2 her fault speeding on m62) in last 2 years .. So lol i doubt it that I'd be spending extra money on the car .. Ive got her revo'd stage 1 plus select switch and during weekdays i switch it back to stock setting as my gf use it for commuting to her work (and the look i get from my gf when i switch the settings *evil*) .. I spend my extra money on mini jcw lol ... Let me ask you nate if you had a choice which one would you go for brilliant black or ibis white (i guess you know better than most of us on this forum as you are detailing god lol) .

Sal
    '11
    BMW 325i Sports Coupe
    (Sold)
    '11 Merc Benz C250 Sport
    (Sold)
    '59

5th Gear

Status
    ill play a wild card then and say get the current one wrapped then you can change it when you like

2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by ST09 View Post
    lol I'm going to keep the car mod free as my gf and I both drive that car.....
    I'm in the same boat, my car is mine and the missus, she looks lush in the buckets

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Ibis, blacks too much work, or you could go to grey!! you are lucky to have the one you have....

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

``!!$al ---

Status
    Had an option of Ibis White, Sepang Blue & Phantom Black .. Ended up getting Phantom Black :P .. Picking it up next week :P

'59 Plate Jan 2010 .. 170ps Black Edition

Sal
    '11
    BMW 325i Sports Coupe
    (Sold)
    '11 Merc Benz C250 Sport
    (Sold)
    '59