Central Eletronics Broad /Module 9 / Bordnetz Location?

c_w

Reaction score
Can someone point me where the Central Eletronics Broad /Module 9 / Bordnetz is location please? I've seen some foreign instructions but I'm not sure if it's different whether it's LHD or RHD!

Is it easy to access? Do you know what trim needs to be removed and is this an easy job to remove the trim?

Last edited:
NHN's the man to help LOL. I was in at the fuses at the weekend & I could see it clearly but not sure whats involved in removing it. You will need to remove the trim covering the fuses at the end of the dashboard. Its will reveal 1 of 3 bolts you need to remove, the other 2 under the trim under thhe steering column. The top of this trim is clipped in so you will need to pull it out. After you disconnect the headlight switch connectors & OBD2 socket you can put the trim to one side & you will see the module. Your on your own then but you will have quite a few connectors to release!

You got an updated one to fit?

Sorry I probably wasn't clear; I don't want to remove it, just want access it to add some connections so thanks for your description. The A3 is new to me and haven't a clue how trim comes off, sometimes you can easily damage stuff if it's not clear how to remove piece :)

As Ewan says to get to, the actual board is held in place by some locating lugs iirc, its not clipped or bolted in, a torch should suffice.