Problems with Comfort Function Auto Window Closure

ryanstewart9

Reaction score
Hi people,

I have this selected via VCDS through Central Convenience and it use to work no problems.

Recently the driver's side window keeps losing its one touch roll up/down, I keep resetting it by hold the button up for a second once the window is fully up, but it seems to stop working quite randomly.

Also I seem to have lost the function of auto closure of all windows (dont need to hold button down to close windows when locking) I also cant seem to roll the windows up/down with the remote even if I hold the button down.

Any ideas welcome....

Oh the car is an 57 S-line Sportback

How did you end up wiring in your parking sensors? My central locking reports errors despite working fine. Im wondering if it was due to powering the parking sensors off of the convenience module loom. Got the connectors arriving to wire properly via fuse box so i will see if it makes a difference.

I ran the power cables down to the fusebox and tapped into the correct slots (just like NHN told me too), CAN was tapped into the convenience module in the boot.

mmm, I take it doesnt report a fault either?

No fault codes to do with the Park Assist.

Just checked and in Central Convenience I have the following ticked:

Byte 5, Bit 3 Comfort Function Power Windows/Sunroof via Rear Lid Door Lock Inactive
Byte 5, Bit 4 Comfort Function Power Windows/Sunroof via Power Window Switch Inactive
Byte 5, Bit 6 Comfort Function Automatic Closing

Byte 6, Bit 0 Comfort Opening Power Windows via Door Lock Active
Byte 6, Bit 2 Comfort Opening Power Windows via Remote Control Active
Byte 6, Bit 3 Comfort Closing Power Windows via Door Lock Active
Byte 6, Bit 5 Comfort Closing Power Windows via Remote Control Active
Byte 6, Bit 6 Comfort Function After Authorized Access Only for a Limited Time

Not sure if I have the right Bit(s) ticked ????

Not sure, haven't actually looked at these values before. All I changed was autolocking so far.

Too activate the auto window function there is a hidden code for the windows.

I only have a 3 door and i have to do it for each window.

So start with the passenger window:

1. Open window fully and hold down for 6 secs.
2. Close window fully and hold up for 6 secs.
3. Do this 3x

Bobs ur uncle and away you go!

Too activate the auto window function there is a hidden code for the windows.

I only have a 3 door and i have to do it for each window.

So start with the passenger window:

3. Do this 3x

Bobs ur uncle and away you go!

Does this mean all windows will automatically close when just you just press the lock button on the key FOB once?

No this just activates/deactivates the one touch up and down function!!

What you are referring to is holding either the lock/unlock button on the fob to open/close the windows. This is activated via DIS.

No this just activates/deactivates the one touch up and down function!!

What you are referring to is holding either the lock/unlock button on the fob to open/close the windows. This is activated via DIS.

Don't have this option in my DIS. Is this the part where the Vagcom comes in handy? I keep reading about comfort functions.....

There's a little bit of confusion here I think guys so I'll clear it up.

The auto-closure function (i.e. using the door controls) is reset by holding the button as has been said. EDIT: This only needs to be done from the drivers side.

The Byte 5 Bit 6 option allows the windows to close fully from the remote even when the button is released.

BUT if the auto-closure function stops working the closure by remote function stops also as they're connected.

The DIS option is only available in MY09/10 cars I think. Mine doesn't have it anyway and the only way to set it on older models is with VCDS.

If the function needs resetting repeatedly Ryan then you can get Audi to do an update on the door module which should fix it. The same happened to me and it's no needed a reset ever since :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
The DIS option on MY10 cars still only allows the windows to be opened/closed with the remote key by pressing and holding, so i'm guessing if you want the one touch function then it still requires you to program this in VCDS.

I'd quite like the one touch function on mine, but i dont have or know anybody nearby that can do that for me.

There's a little bit of confusion here I think guys so I'll clear it up.

The auto-closure function (i.e. using the door controls) is reset by holding the button as has been said. EDIT: This only needs to be done from the drivers side.

The Byte 5 Bit 6 option allows the windows to close fully from the remote even when the button is released.

BUT if the auto-closure function stops working the closure by remote function stops also as they're connected.

The DIS option is only available in MY09/10 cars I think. Mine doesn't have it anyway and the only way to set it on older models is with VCDS.

If the function needs resetting repeatedly Ryan then you can get Audi to do an update on the door module which should fix it. The same happened to me and it's no needed a reset ever since :icon_thumright:

Thanks Staz,

I seem to have my one touch back on the window switch, but the auto closure wont work on the remote (either one touch or holding down the lock button). Also cant seem to roll the windows down whist holding the remote unlock button down :sadlike:

Thanks Staz,

I seem to have my one touch back on the window switch, but the auto closure wont work on the remote (either one touch or holding down the lock button). Also cant seem to roll the windows down whist holding the remote unlock button down :sadlike:

To be honest I would try getting the module update first to solve the issue of it losing the function and then go from there.

I'll check which bits I have set when I'm back after the weekend mate though, if no one else beats me to it.

MY2009 Sportback SLine fitted with DIS and auto wipers. Auto open/close windows via keyfob worked but sunroof did not.
Mucking around with VCDS, auto open/close windows stopped and never did got sunroof to work on auto open/close.
Activating auto open/close windows in DIS did not work either. So for past 4 months the auto close feature has been non-operative :-(

Using Crusier89's procedure (Only need to do it to one "touch to close/open" front window to activate all 4 windows. I choose to use the passenger window):

3. Do this 3x

Auto windows now working. :) Applied same logic to sunroof using position 1. And pleased to say now auto open/closed via keyfob will operate the sunroof and windows.. :) :)

Now need to test if windows+sunroof will close if it rains.