remapping question

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
when you guys have had the a3 2.0tdi remapped was it worth it, will/could i expect any issues and will it smoke black all the time??? at the moment it dont smoke at all when i floor it just screams at me so im considering gettint it done off a frind who use 3/4 different tuners. What sort of bhp could i expect and are all maps the same.......will there be bad maps out there aswell???????? sorry for all the questions.......but i need to know before i say yes on saturday.

I've had the 2.0 Tdi 140 PD done (not on my current one, yet) previously by Angel Tuning, cost me about £200 and took it up to a little less than 190bhp, no issues with smoke, clutch, dis, just a judder at 82mph, the guy from Angel came out a further 2 times and re mapped it until the fault was resolved, really enjoyed the car, it just made me smile every time I accelerated, in fact think I might price it up again now....:jump:

Had my A6 2.0tdi done by Chipped UK, Clutch slipped a litlle but he did power it up for me lol, sadly for me I think the boost was too high as it went through a few turbos!!! But on a day to day basis, loved driving it, no lags etc and pulled like a train. In the past also has a MKIV golf done by RediTuning, now that was awsome, no issues with clutch, smoke, turbos etc, truly brilliant.

I'm looking at getting my 2.0tdi remapped as well but don't know which to go for so i'm interested in the response.

i had a Fabia VRS done a few years ago by Jabba and that flew but it bellowed black smoke out when under load. It was so bad when looking out the back window you couldn't see the cars behind :(

Had my A6 2.0tdi done by Chipped UK, Clutch slipped a litlle but he did power it up for me lol, sadly for me I think the boost was too high as it went through a few turbos!!! But on a day to day basis, loved driving it, no lags etc and pulled like a train. In the past also has a MKIV golf done by RediTuning, now that was awsome, no issues with clutch, smoke, turbos etc, truly brilliant.

Turbo ! is this an issue with the a3's as theyre the same engine? what engine code was it? thats sort of got me worried......how am i going to know if the boost is toooo high ?????

Turbo ! is this an issue with the a3's as theyre the same engine? what engine code was it? thats sort of got me worried......how am i going to know if the boost is toooo high ?????

Cant remember to be honest. I sold it after its 4th Turbo went. To be honest it had the porous cylinder head but did get that sorted, sadly not under warranty! ouch. The guys who do the remaps will be able to talk you through the boost, remember they turned mine up but told me it was still within acceptable limits! I think I was just plain unlucky, sure you will be fine.

flashing the file through obd port ok?

hey guys, im new to this. i have a audi a3 2.0 tdi sline DSG sportback, fully loaded, on a 55plate. i want to fit the facelift model rear lights to this, any ideas if this is possible and at what cost?

thanks guys

Had my Fabia vrs done by angel tuning, Put the boost up in the turbo by roughly 0.1 bar, the turbo handled that just fine, just let it warm up and cool down like you would anyway hopefully. Did go through a clutch though, so is recommended to get an uprated clutch for some models. Top service from angel tuning, they're coming outto do my 3.2 on monday. definately use them again, especially on a diesel!!!

hey guys, im new to this. i have a audi a3 2.0 tdi sline DSG sportback, fully loaded, on a 55plate. i want to fit the facelift model rear lights to this, any ideas if this is possible and at what cost?

New to Audis or new to forum etiquette? :icon_thumright:

thanks guys

Hello, were talking remapping here... no talk about rearlights..use the search function and youll be fine.