Screen Wash Filter.

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've just topped up the screen washer fluid on my A3 2.0 TDI and when the blue cap is removed, there is no filter in to tube. My previous A3s have all had a fine mesh plastic filter in the top of the tube. Should mine have one and it's just missing or do Audi not put them in now.

Could you fellow A3 guys have a look for me to see if yours has a filter.

Many thanks

The sprayers are warmed (they have electric heaters), at least here. That's why some glykol/water which will freeze at -30C should be enough (well, for most of the days). At least last winter I didn't have any problems that the sprayers would get frozen. On my moms BMW on the other hand..

- Yak

What's Lasol. Is it just like a screen wash with antifreeze?

Put some around the nossles of the sprayers? Is it like a grease?

BlackS3, ah yeah. Lasol is some antifreeze, it has over 90% alcohol (etanol), 4% of soap (or equivalent), and rest are some spices /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Anyway, works as antifreeze. 50%/50% (lasol/water) should create stuff which can last in -40C.

And some people even drink it, althought it's denaturated. But I guess it doesn't matter to some junkies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Just use french whitebread, pour it through that and drink it.

- Yak