Goodbye S3!

Norky31

Reaction score
Hi All,
I thought I would post this to reiterate to you to keep your pride and joys safe and out of sight at night. I have had my Ibis 59 S3 SB for just a month now, a week ago some t*ats tried to break in to my house whilst i was in and up at the time (it was midnight), i disturbed them by putting my alarm on and going to bed. This was caught on my neighbours CCTV, just a young guy armed with a torch and pair of molegrips and accomplices in a car! The police said that it is beyond doubt they were coming for the car keys and as long as i had the car on the drive, they would come back. I have not sleep well since he said that!! I must say too that i have never been followed home either, always make sure of that.
I have 3 young kids so the beloved S3 is going tomorrow and i am back in an A4 diesel. Shame you cant have what you want these days but just be careful. If i didnt have the kids, i would keep the S3 but its too much risk. I will keep coming in to the forum but thought I would just tell you my story.
Did S3OLI get his back? i'm not too far from where he had his stolen from.
Cheers Norky

Norky,

Gutted for you, really am. At least the outcome is only a change of car and nothing worse. There are some real SCUM out there and unfortunately due to the level of security these pieces of crap come into the house, it's a scary thought.

Well, an A4 deisel is no S3 but it's still a nice car I would think (if that is any help at all).

Best of luck to you. :thumbsup:

I have to say I feel for you guys up there. I'd hate to live somewhere where I had to worry about my car all the time.

Thanks Ant, yeah the A4 is nice and will be great, just doing what is best for the family and like you said no-one got hurt (just my wallet with all new security lighting and locks!). Take it easy, just going to BHS for some new slippers....:sob:

Norky - sorry to hear this mate.

Without giving away your exact location where abouts are you ?

P.s - off out to put mine in the garage now :asskicking:

Without crapping you up even further, sometimes making a show of your security can make these ''people'' think you have something worth securing.

Get yourself a nice national trust badge for the back window of the A4 and start driving like a Sunday driver everyday and in 2 weeks you will have forgotten all about this nasty, costly mess....

There are plenty of other cars out there that are fab to drive and look at but aren't on the scumbag radar, don't lose faith mate.

"Never let the buggers get you down"

Thats awful, too scary to think of with young children in the house, I really feel for you. Sad to see it go but like you said not worth the risks! Too many scumbags out there, its not fair. A4's are good cars, get a plainer exterior with a descent interior spec, may help, good luck

Norky sorry to hear your story...

Can't imagine how you are feeling but your family is safe which is the main thing!

sorry to hear that. glad your family and you are safe.