Rear tow cover for sline rear bumper only available primed from dealer?

scottie123

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#
Reaction score
I need a replacement tow cover for a 2007 s line rear bumper. Tried speaking to dealers today, and gave them the reg of a car with the part I need on.

He says it is only available primed and not in black plastic.

Now I know he is talking out of his bottom, So I dont suppose anybody would be able to fire me a part number for the correct part?

Thanking ya:cool:

but the bit it goes into is plastic.

bumper.jpg

Surely you dont have to paint it plastic colour !

Last edited:
Bizzare, I assume that bit is textured too. I'd try another reg off one of their pitch cars (if it's at Audi Stealer, assume it is?).

I hate dealing with people, you should've flipped out and stamped your feet whilst screaming till they sorted it.

It was over the phone.

I could hear the guy scratching his head as he was clueless.

'computer says no' seemed very inept at the time.:)

I used the reg mark off a s line at stafford audi's website .

Maybe they he thought you were referring to the front bumper! Just a thought

I did think that so I explained to him very clearly that it was the rear bumper. I even explained that there was 2 halves to the bumper, and it was on the bottom bit , that was not painted.

Even that was painful and took 3 attempts.!

I reckon it was the cleaner who happened to be walking past the phone when it rang, and thought, I wanna be a parts guy!

I often tap into their phone system just to mess around with people. Sorry about that.

I think it may be a matter of phoning back and just praying you gat his co worker and hoping that he didn't go on the same training course. In the past I've emailed the pic of what I need or where it goes, you'd think if they dealt with this stuff day in day out they'd get better, but they dont. :tocktock:

I did think that so I explained to him very clearly that it was the rear bumper. I even explained that there was 2 halves to the bumper, and it was on the bottom bit , that was not painted.
Even that was painful and took 3 attempts.!
I reckon it was the cleaner who happened to be walking past the phone when it rang, and thought, I wanna be a parts guy!

I rang a couple today asking for prices on S Line bumpers! I got the feeling it was either cos I was female or they had no clue what I was on about. How hard is it to grasp that I wanted an S Line bumper lol. One wanted chassis number, reg etc etc, jeez, all he had to do was look out his window!!! Do they have training lol....

There seems to be a common trend occurring here. Dealers are useless at part numbers!

Thank good for audi forums.

TBH, the parts program doesnt actually say s-line as far as I can see. It come down to the PR codes

the PR codes differenciate between models. You might have 2 part numbers for a front bumper, looking at the PR code shows any differences. For example 8X1 has washers, 8X0 without, 2JB & 2JW are standard bumpers, and there are other codes for sport bumpers etc

the PR codes differenciate between models. You might have 2 part numbers for a front bumper, looking at the PR code shows any differences. For example 8X1 has washers, 8X0 without, 2JB & 2JW are standard bumpers, and there are other codes for sport bumpers etc

Take it you work in parts?? or just very knowledgeable?? Or...like it for bedtime reading.. seriously though, good info.

Well I have taken the gamble, after talking to another audi dealer.

He seems to think that it may be listed as primed, but will actually come in black plastic.

Well, if it does come in primed, The rear lower valence will be getting painted to match the tow cover :)

Well, if it does come in primed, The rear lower valence will be getting painted to match the tow cover :)[/QUOTE]

Do you not fancy having it painted anyway??

I am still undecided. :weight_lift2:

If I do the rear, the front must be done also!

Well, although it is listed as primed, it actually does come in as black plastic. Blinkin Audi!

Anyway, the part number is good for anyone wanting a replacement tow cover in plastic to match the trim.

However, mine is going to get painted :p

Maybe . Not a lot, but just a little :)

Work that fooker out!

:hubbahubba: there you go, plunge taken, no need to be so coy lol, will look good. You will have to post pics when fitted.

Pictures will be compulsory of course:)

Work should be done by the body shop by next week.

Then just got to fit it all :faint:

I will let you know how much blood I lose from cuts and grazes while fitting so you can prepare!