AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Latest Audi A4/A3/S3 Satnav

Hi Guys,

Looking at buying a OEM Satnav for my S3 as it didn't come with one, saw a few on ebay at some pretty reasonable prices, after having it in my Golf GTi with the SD card slots I can't live any longer without it.

Whats the latest version of these units? i.e. part number?

Cheers

Chris

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    They are all pretty much the same until the 2010 model came out bar the addition of chrome knobs. The 2010 units look the same but the guts are upgraded to have higher rez screen & support for SDHC cards. The are rarer on ebay & usually cost twice the older models price.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers buddy, I don't think twice the price can really be justified can it? I simply want the use of the SD card slots for loading music whenever I like.
    Just a simple mod I wanted to do as the car didn't come with it when I got it
    Cheers

Chris

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by glasgowaudi View Post
    Cheers buddy, I don't think twice the price can really be justified can it? I simply want the use of the SD card slots for loading music whenever I like.
    Just a simple mod I wanted to do as the car didn't come with it when I got it
    Cheers

Chris
    I'd say it's one of the most common mods mate, as it's very difficult to justify the 1,800 or whatever it is that Audi charges when you spec it from new.

If you're happy with the 4gb (if I remember correctly) sd (not sdhc) card limit for the "older" RNS-E, then as you'll have seen you can pick one up for near 400 on ebay now.

There will be some people who (probably quite correctly) suggest that many of these units "may" be stolen. Just something to bear in mind (didn't stop me from picking mine up from Lithuania!)

Chris
    Car: Phantom Black A3 2.0 TFSI S-Line BLACK EDITION, 3-door, manual

1st Gear

Status
    Isn't it something to do with the factory or refurb shop for these units being in Lithuania?
    8P2 A3 2.0T FSI S line Special Edition Sportback S tronic 2007MY. Black. Concert II+ & Bose.