AH FabricationsEM Tuning

Thread: Mag ride switch

6th Gear

Status

Mag ride switch

Would anyone with mag ride be able to tell me where the switch is? I guess it's under the radio/nav next to the ESP switch. A pic would be nice too!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS3 View Post
    Would anyone with mag ride be able to tell me where the switch is? I guess it's under the radio/nav next to the ESP switch. A pic would be nice too!
    John.

It goes to the immediate right hand side of the Hazard switch and removes the coin tray, the other 3 that can go on that side are:
    PDC+ / Park Assist / Flat Tyre Sensor Reset
    10 Plate / 2010 Ibis S3 - Buckets, Bose, Black Optics Grill, GSM Prep + IPhone4 cradle, Light & Rain Sensors, Interior Light Pack, PDC+,19" BBS CH Black Edition Alloys, GIAC Stg1, VWR Panel Filter, VWR custom front springs, VW Uprated Rear ARB. Mich PSS Tyres

To do: 2010 Rns-e, Haldex Performance Controller.

Neutral

Status
    Mine is behind the ciggy lighter, takes up half of the coin bin.
    Current:
    Dec 09 S3 Sportback - Daytona Grey-S-tronic-Magnetic Ride-Sat Nav-Bose-Cruise-Luggage & Storage Pack-Privacy Glass-Rear Window Blinds-AMI-Light & Rain-Tyre Pressure-Rear Parking-Phone Prep
    Old
    2007 S3 - Phantom Black-Manual-Sat Nav-Bose-Interior Light-Storage-Cruise-Adaptive Xenon-Parking Sensors-Through Load-Light & Rain-Phone Prep
    Old:
    2004 R32 - Black

6th Gear

Status
    Ahh, the plot thickens.. Does anyone have a pic please?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeap definitely there I know for sure as thinking of a front pdc which has button there as already advised, also mag ride has been reported as rather crap overall, you sure you wanna spend that kinda dough on the suspension only to be let down.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    Depends on your point of view. Yes I've driven one and was impressed, I find the standard ride a tad harsh, especially now we have a little person on board. With M/R off it's a softer ride than a standard car and when on it's firmer than standard.

Neutral

Status
    Don't think it's crap at all. On the standard setting the ride feels a little more complient than my last S3 without any more body roll, a bonus on long journeys. In sport mode it tightens things up nicely, great on smoother surfaces which I admit are hide to find in these pothole ridden times.
    Current:
    Dec 09 S3 Sportback - Daytona Grey-S-tronic-Magnetic Ride-Sat Nav-Bose-Cruise-Luggage & Storage Pack-Privacy Glass-Rear Window Blinds-AMI-Light & Rain-Tyre Pressure-Rear Parking-Phone Prep
    Old
    2007 S3 - Phantom Black-Manual-Sat Nav-Bose-Interior Light-Storage-Cruise-Adaptive Xenon-Parking Sensors-Through Load-Light & Rain-Phone Prep
    Old:
    2004 R32 - Black

6th Gear

Status
    N, does Etka show the switch under the nav unit?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by loz54 View Post
    Don't think it's crap at all. On the standard setting the ride feels a little more complient than my last S3 without any more body roll, a bonus on long journeys. In sport mode it tightens things up nicely, great on smoother surfaces which I admit are hide to find in these pothole ridden times.
    Exactly!!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Depends on your point of view. Yes I've driven one and was impressed, I find the standard ride a tad harsh, especially now we have a little person on board. With M/R off it's a softer ride than a standard car and when on it's firmer than standard.
    Its possible they've changed some things with the system design as in different suspension parts, updated & module that controls, so it may have improved but there were a few discussions on this & people with said it didnt seem that impressive, just going on owners with & there experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by loz54 View Post
    As above mate.

N, does Etka show the switch under the nav unit?
    Yes its in that bank of buttons mate as self levelling button.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Its possible they've changed some things with the system design as in different suspension parts, updated & module that controls, so it may have improved but there were a few discussions on this & people with said it didnt seem that impressive, just going on owners with & there experiences.
    Would like to see a label file for it.

Neutral

Status
    Yeap definitely there I know for sure as thinking of a front pdc which has button there as already advised, also bloke down the pub said rather crap overall, you sure you wanna spend that kinda dough on something i've absolutely no experience of, only to be let down.
    Current:
    Old
    Old:
    2004 R32 - Black

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Some of us use our brains instead of just owning one.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Would like to see a label file for it.
    Even finding the magride parts in etka is fun enough, let alone a label file that isnt encrypted now mate, lol.

Neutral

Status
    Some of us use our brains instead of just owning one.
    What?... You use your brain to travel around in? Thats pretty special. Any pics?
    Current:
    Old
    Old:
    2004 R32 - Black

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status