Weitec coilovers - 'crunching' noise on cornering "hard", bumps in road etc

Scott

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've had a new set of Weitec's fitted since June 09 on my 2009 A3. I had them adjusted a few months ago at a garage. I had them raised slightly and 10mm spacers fitted. Since then I've had a problem with what I can only assume to be the wheel rubbing on the arch under cornering at >10mph speeds when the wheels are almost full lock, which I can fix by raising the car (and I will do once the weather improves and it's a bit warmer), assuming it is actually rubbing on the arch. Since all this cold weather started, I've also been experiencing a 'grinding' noise when hitting bumps in the road, speed bumps etc at certain speeds. Being the first set of coilovers I've had I haven't really done much to maintain them (what's to do anyway) but when I had them adjusted they were fine and hadn't seized. It sounds as if the noise is coming from the front left side. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be and possible fixes? I'm sure Weitec provide a warranty, but this will be a pain. :( Or could it be something else? All suggestions welcome!

Cheers,
Scott

Fairly sure it's something to do with the suspension (most likely coilovers)

I have 10mm on front Nath, 12mm on rear, no rubbing issues on rear with Weitec's as low as they'll go.

Any pics of Mikey's car Nate ?

Dug these 2 out, hope this helps..

Mike5.jpg

DSC02978800x600.jpg