help needed trying to source a new carpet for sportback

hollows wife

Reaction score
just bought an 09 plate full leather interior for car in mint condition ,whilst taking out old interior my carpet has ripped considerably ,dont ask me how i dont know looks as though i have literally put my foot through it . in the back where the transmission tunnel is the carpet has torn aprox 10 inches across and into footwell in back . looks a right mess and im not impressed at all .

was going to get it repaired but it looks as though the carpet is just weak as if you pull on it it tears very easily .

have messaged everybody whos breaking an a3 on ebay with no luck ,all say carpet has gone ?
but how many ppl really buy carpet for cars ?

have phoned breakers close to me same reply (doncaster,sheffield area )

im willing to strip the full interior to gain access to the carpet and will even travel to get one ,just dont fancy the £400+ from audi .

tbh the breakers probably can't be bothered to remove the carpet.. try actually going and seeing someone in scrap yard so they can't say its not there?

correct with what youre saying but the problem these days is they dont seem to like you moaching around the yard and 90% of the time you dont even get past the counter .

bunch of mardy gits these days ,used to love spending hours in those places getting bits and bobs for a motor

Have you tried Simpsons Salvage at York?

Generally there nice blokes, and it's quite big spot.

Simpsons Salvage
The Airfield, Full Sutton
York
YO41 1HS
01759 372727

With all the winding roads round here the *cough* spirited driving results in quite a busy salvage yard.

There's a place near me that sells the carpet on rolls, but I wouldn't fancy trying to shape it to fit :faint:

Cheers

the carpets are normally the last to go at a scrappy, once everyone has had what they want they tend to get covered in oil/ water and all sorts of crap, especially of they are left outside. Potentially full of glass aswell if the car has been crashed.

Have you tried Simpsons Salvage at York?

Generally there nice blokes, and it's quite big spot.

Simpsons Salvage
The Airfield, Full Sutton
York
YO41 1HS
01759 372727

With all the winding roads round here the *cough* spirited driving results in quite a busy salvage yard.

There's a place near me that sells the carpet on rolls, but I wouldn't fancy trying to shape it to fit :faint:

no havent tried them .jotted number etc down will call them in the morning ,downside of this carpet buisness is im having to drive a 2009 corsa 1.2 so painfully slow

When i bought my car there was a tear along the drivers area just outside where the mat sits so it was "in your face". I got the dealer to agree to get it repaired and he sent it off somewhere - they fitted a larger rubber heelpad which looked ok but when i fitted some new mats (origionals went missing before i picked it up) the rubber part now fits outside the mat area?
I'm therefore lookingat a few options
1. new carpet
2. drivers section to cut/ fit into origional carpet ending behind drivers seat area/ under centre console - if your is dark grey i'd buy the section off you?
3. getting some floormats tailor made slightly wider than standard (not sure where from?)

There is a seller breaking on ebay but he doesn't have an A3 carpet - however he has a black mk5 Golf carpet - should fit?

already messaged they guy with the golf carpet but my brother bought a fire damaged golf mk5 and it is different not alot but the underlay is in one in the audi and a seperate piece in the golf , there are more vents in the centre just below gearstick ,and im sure where the seats plug into connectors in floor there raised up alot higher in golf

well drawn a blank today can t find one at all even went and compared it to a mk5 golf carpet but there diferent where the seats mount in the car so no luck there either . damn wish ide bought a vw now
parts for these excluding bumpers are like hens teeth