S3 oil & filter change

L e o

Reaction score
Hi,thinking of doing an intermediate oil and filter change on the S3 and was wondering how difficult it is to do and also where is the oil filter located on the car and are they difficult to remove ? Any pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

A.T.B Leo :icon_thumright:

its pretty easy to do , the oil filer is a paper element one in a plastic housing , you need a 36 mm soket to get the housing off , ive done mine twice now only takes half hour when you ve done it once , id recommend castrol edge for fsi engines suppose to help with the pcv side of the engine

Cheers mate,whereabouts on the engine is the oil filter - is it easy to access ?

A.T.B Leo

right at the front mate , you need to remove the bottom engine tray and you ll see it

its pretty easy to do , the oil filer is a paper element one in a plastic housing , you need a 36 mm soket to get the housing off , ive done mine twice now only takes half hour when you ve done it once , id recommend castrol edge for fsi engines suppose to help with the pcv side of the engine

yep castrol edge is the best thats what i use got 8litres off ebay for £56 to the door, S3 Holds 4.6