Badger5Chris Nott
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 1.6Tdi Mpg

1st Gear

Status
    shocked to see 22mpg from my 1.6tdi the other morning after a 5mile commute to work. it was early in the morning and it was freezing. heating max on everything

on summer days the same commute is 57mpg but my god what a weak engine
    2009 A3 1.6 TDI Sport Phantom Black, iPod and RNSe

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrelson View Post
    shocked to see 22mpg from my 1.6tdi the other morning after a 5mile commute to work. it was early in the morning and it was freezing. heating max on everything
    i have to be RAGGING my car to see fuel economy figures that low... and i drive a 2.0T (petrol)
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

Neutral

Status
    I thought I would up-date this post after an interesting few months. I'm still getting disastrous mpg's, currently sitting at 47mpg on journeys of 100 mls plus, average speed of 35/40mph. I have been negotiating with Audi UK over the issue and must say Saqib Mughal Audi Customer Relations Manager has been very helpful. However I have been bitterly disappointed with my Local dealership 'Lomond Audi'.

My car has had a good few Diagnostic checks with all coming back with no irregularities!!! however, sometimes the car returns low mpg, i.e. 42 ish with very poor acceleration, other days it's sitting at 50 'ish with excellent acceleration

Can anyone suggest why there should be such high irregularities?

Neutral

Status
    Found this little gem on VW AUDI Forum - VWAF

Shame Audi they didn't release that info until after I bought my 1.6 Cabriolet, I'm only meant to be getting 55 according to this!

But that does tie in, depending upon how late for work I am I get between 50 to 60, best ever being 64 when I drove like granny just to see what it could do.
    A3 1.6 TDI Cabriolet Sport - 8P3
    Superchips Blue Fin, Aruba Blue/Blue Roof, Adaptive Xenons, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, Cruise Control, RNS-E, Bluetooth, IMA plus with
    Ampire DVX200i DVD player, iPOD Integration and MIRACAST receiver. R8 Reverse Camera, MFSW, Illumination Pack, Removable Tow Bar, Tyre Pressure Monitoring.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SootyTDI View Post
    Found this little gem on VW AUDI Forum - VWAF

Shame Audi they didn't release that info until after I bought my 1.6 Cabriolet, I'm only meant to be getting 55 according to this!

But that does tie in, depending upon how late for work I am I get between 50 to 60, best ever being 64 when I drove like granny just to see what it could do.
    Great engine . As good as the old 1.9 with 105bhp and 55+mpg... Hate the Stop/Fart system though.

Neutral

Status
    Its got good potential I think, my engines still loosening up and as it is the fuel consumption is still improving.

Hopefully the chip tuners will have sussed how to get past the security on the engine ECU by the time the warrantee runs out, an extra 25-30hp would be nice and I suspect could help fuel economy.
    A3 1.6 TDI Cabriolet Sport - 8P3
    Superchips Blue Fin, Aruba Blue/Blue Roof, Adaptive Xenons, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, Cruise Control, RNS-E, Bluetooth, IMA plus with
    Ampire DVX200i DVD player, iPOD Integration and MIRACAST receiver. R8 Reverse Camera, MFSW, Illumination Pack, Removable Tow Bar, Tyre Pressure Monitoring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12