Phone kit questions

JohnS3

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has looked into the phone kit options now offered by Audi?

I'm just looking at phone prep options in 2010 cars. Audi now do a phone prep bluetooth only option PR 9ZX and I'm wondering if this uses the same module under the seat as the phone prep low PR 9ZU.

Here's the blurb from the brochure-

9ZX
Mobile telephone preparation – Bluetooth interface. Provides handsfree connection via Bluetooth using mobile phone aerial. Please contact your Audi Centre for phone compatibility. Only in combination with multi-function steering wheel

9ZU
Mobile telephone preparation – Low with Bluetooth and voice control. Provides handsfree connection via Bluetooth using mobile phone aerial. Alternatively, it can use a cradle with charging facility for optimal reception via external aerial. Cradle available at extra cost – please contact your Audi Centre for phone compatibility. Located in front centre armrest. Only in combination with a multi-function steering wheel, front centre armrest and Driver’s Information System

The bluetooth only kit doesn't have the cradle and roof antenna and the brochure also makes no mention of voice control or the DIS. I'm wondering if this can be added with the addition of a mic and some coding.??

The bluetooth kit is available as part of the technology package (includes DVD Satellite Navigation, Bluetooth Phone Prep & Audi Music Interface) so no need to pay Audi twice for the phone prep if you want voice control and DIS access to the phone book.

TIA

Just wondering if anyone has looked into the phone kit options now offered by Audi?

I'm just looking at phone prep options in 2010 cars. Audi now do a phone prep bluetooth only option PR 9ZX and I'm wondering if this uses the same module under the seat as the phone prep low PR 9ZU.

Here's the blurb from the brochure-

9ZX
Mobile telephone preparation – Bluetooth interface. Provides handsfree connection via Bluetooth using mobile phone aerial. Please contact your Audi Centre for phone compatibility. Only in combination with multi-function steering wheel

9ZU
Mobile telephone preparation – Low with Bluetooth and voice control. Provides handsfree connection via Bluetooth using mobile phone aerial. Alternatively, it can use a cradle with charging facility for optimal reception via external aerial. Cradle available at extra cost – please contact your Audi Centre for phone compatibility. Located in front centre armrest. Only in combination with a multi-function steering wheel, front centre armrest and Driver’s Information System

The bluetooth only kit doesn't have the cradle and roof antenna and the brochure also makes no mention of voice control or the DIS. I'm wondering if this can be added with the addition of a mic and some coding.??

The bluetooth kit is available as part of the technology package (includes DVD Satellite Navigation, Bluetooth Phone Prep & Audi Music Interface) so no need to pay Audi twice for the phone prep if you want voice control and DIS access to the phone book.

TIA

I have the Bluetooth only kit (9ZX) on my MY10 car, it's the best option I specced and works brilliantly. It does interface with the DIS and the voice control works too. And if applicable also works very well with the iPhone (it never used to apparently)

Oh and thanks to Audi for confusing marketing materials....

Hi,

Sorry for digging up such an old post.

I have just bought a MY10 Audi S3 that comes with PR #: 9ZX (BT telephone kit). The Speech Dialogue System (SDS) Push-to-talk (PTT) button on the MFSW doesn't seem to do anything. I am trying to work out whether it is something that should be working or if I need to retro-fit another microphone.

Beanoir, may I ask what car you have in order to compare?

Many Thanks,

W.