i have 54 plate a3sline but want white lights recommendations plz?

granny87

Reaction score
i am a noob with these things want diffrent bulbs or light that are white any ideas ?

Phillips X-treme Power. I've got some and can honestly say I can't see any hint of yellow in them at all.

Buy them from Powerbulbs and get some 'upgraded' Phillips side lights thrown in for free too. CLICK HERE

Apply the following code at checkout and get a further 10% off the price. Code is AYSCX1729

All in all it works out to about £25 delivered for the lot :icon_thumright:

Another vote from me. I've used Osram Nightbreakers, Halfords Super Brilliance and GE +60% and replaced them with Phillips X-treme vision H7s. The rest all still work but are on a shelf in the garage....

I don't think you can do better for brightness for an "ordinary" bulb and they are very white.

Put the H4 versions in my other two cars too...

Phillips X-treme Power. I've got some and can honestly say I can't see any hint of yellow in them at all.

Buy them from Powerbulbs and get some 'upgraded' Phillips side lights thrown in for free too. CLICK HERE

Apply the following code at checkout and get a further 10% off the price. Code is AYSCX1729

All in all it works out to about £25 delivered for the lot :icon_thumright:

Would these work in a 59 plate?? Due to the blown bulb warning on the DIS??
Is there any on this website for the DRL/sidelights??

Just had a thought - should i change the main beam bulbs as well as the dipped?

They would look good in the main beams, as the tips are chromed - but I use some old PIAA bulbs in my main beams. Because I don't use my main beams very much, I tend to use up in my main beams, whatever bulbs I've just relegated from my dipped headlights...

In response to Cruiser89, they are standard watage bulbs and will the bulb warning system will work just fine.

There is a thread about white light bulbs for the DRLs - do a seach and you'll find it.

You also want silver indicator bulbs too - again, there's a recent thread for that too....

This is really helpful since I was going to be changing my fogs since i have HIDs on my upcoming BE. You can't have white HIDs and yellow fogs now can you? :icon_thumright:

Only thing is, does anyone know the bulb type for the fogs on a 10 plate BE (since I don't get me hands on it for another couple weeks)?

Thanks guys

Well in actual fact, assuming that you're a "good boy" and only use your fogs when visibility is less tham 100m (the legal requirement), then a yellowish bulb is actually better for those poor visibility conditions - and no one else is going to care what colour they are in those conditions...